YYF Special Release Weekend!

The Doomsday Genesis was 7075, was also lighter than the original Genesis, and is still to date one of the best performing throws I have ever come across in terms of spin and stability.

To quote the yoyodoc:

He would be a wise man to go with the 7075.

The only reservation I have is with recent YYF throws is build quality. My new Superstar came through a few days ago along with a CLYW Puffin, and the difference in build quality between the two is noticable. The USA made 7075 Genesis and Supernovas were much better built than their chinese counterparts, but as much as it pains me to say it, the new Superstar felt slightly cheap to me. It had slight vibe straight out of the box and compared to my Onedrop Chik, which was roughly the same price, the quality difference is suprising…

I know that as demand and quantities go up, then the quality is inevitably going to go down. Unlike Onedrop, YYF don’t have the advantage of machining everything in-house, and outsourcing is required in order to meet their demand. But still, the lower quality control, the cheap colourways and lazy splashes… I love YYF but they should be focusing on making their current yoyos better, rather than throwing out tonnes of new ones.