YYF Severe vibe

I’ve had my severe since Christmas and I’ve been loving it. But it wasn’t quite as smooth as I expected it to be. The vibe is pretty pronounced, even when it was mint. Is this typically of all severes? It still vibes with the finger test btw.

The finger test doesn’t work if the yoyo is tilted or your throw vibes a lot to begin with.

But if you have a good throw it is probably the caps. Make sure they are both secure.

I’d say I have a pretty good throw. And the caps are on there tight. It was like this out of the box. I don’t really mind it I guess, but knowing the source of it would be nice. That teflon tape method thing doesn’t work either. =/

Try lubing the bearing. Dry bearings can be unsmooth sometimes.

Also, it may just work itself out. My friend’s Severe had a pronounced vibe, but he just played it and somehow its dead smooth now.

take off the caps
:slight_smile:

why do that cause they are meant to be there and they are made to make the yoyo 1. heavier and 2. to add cosmetics

Yeah my SEVERE is the same, its not overly bad its just kinda annoying, so my advice is just deal with it play it, isnt that the reason we buy our yoyo’s to play them.

My Severe is not…
You should check the axle, sometimes it’s too loose…

You could try a few things.
Lightly lube the bearing so it isnt responsive.
Center the axle.
Take ot the caps, and get two tiny pieces of medical tape for each cap and put them on the side of the caps. This will make them more snug, reducing vibe.

How to tune a yo-yo with a set screw axle should do the trick.