YYF Replay

The delivery report says it’s at the house now. I won’t be home from work until 7:30 tonight so I just have to wait.

I swung by your mailbox and picked it up just to give it some test time. I will put it back in time for you to get it at 7:30…thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got mine! Super fun throw! And the yellow/pink colorway is bananas!!!

Thanks buddy, it was right where you left it.:smiley:

I love it. I can’t believe It’s a $15 yoyo. It’s very close to the same size as my Shutter so it feels familiar . It feels very light in my hand but not so light that It’s difficult to maneuver. It fact, it’s quite easy to control. I think I’m perceiving it as light because If you do a hard throw and then immediately bind it doesn’t smack your hand.

I am incredibly impressed. I think this could become my favorite yoyo (and I love my Shutter and my DV888)

Wow this is making me want one more and more. I bet it plays super smooth like a metal.

I wouldn’t say it’s metal smooth, at least mine isn’t. I’d imagine some people got super smooth ones, but it’s not really an issue. Mine vibes for sure, but I can’t complain. For $15 it’s amazing, and I can hit every trick I know on it just as easily as I could on my Draupnir. Definitely a winner!

Yeah if you the feel of a metal yoyo, get a metal yoyo or a machined plastic yoyo. There is only so far injected plastic can go in terms of precision & we think we pushed it most of the way there but a little reality check is needed.

They are pretty smooth. Rarely glass smooth, generally very grindable. Yes someone will get a wobbly one, no, they aren’t all like that. Every yoyo is hand tested, but 100% inspection is only 97% good (damn humans!).

All good Ben. Very few of us expect a super smooth plastic. It’s all about the fun and the feel of it.

…and I just love that plastic sound!

Well I can tell you that it’s darn close to metal. I don’t know how you did it,but this plastic yoyo easily compares to my Shutter. And as glenacious said: "I love that plastic sound":smiley:

I haven’t gotten a Replay yet, but the budget plastic that is closest to metal, imo, is the Speedaholic. How does the Replay compare?

YYF didn’t set out to create a plastic that plays like a metal. I’m not sure why this odd narrative always comes up when talking about $10-$15 plastics.

Does a Classic play like a metal? Does a ONEstar? How about a Flipside?

They weren’t made to, so why does it matter? These return tops are amazingly high performing PLASTIC models. Why can’t we just appreciate them for what they are?

Because YYF made plastics and stated that “You will forget you aren’t throwing an all metal yo-yo!”

Or the YYj Surge: “For years we have asked the question. Can the affordable all plastic yo-yo play like an all metal yo-yo? Can you get that solid feel and momentum from a yo-yo at less than half the price? Taking what was learned from the leading beginner’s choice, the ‘Classic’, YoYoJam accomplishes the impossible. Feel the power in the SURGE.”

We compare the two because the manufacturers told us they were comparable. Metal has become the standard in yoyo play. It’s the same ruler every other “high performance” plastic or hybrid yoyo is measured by. No one expects it to play exactly like a metal, but to be a “performance yoyo,” it needs to play closer to solid metal performance than Ja-ru plastic.

And, yes, a Speedaholic plays like a lot of metal yoyos that I have used, which is why it is my ruler for a performance plastic.

Getting my replay today, super pumped.

I find it annoying when people compare any plastic throws to a metal. Even machined plastic isn’t even close. The Regen just misses it, but it still feels hollow and less dense. It just won’t happen with plastic.

Plus this yoyo is $15, so even if you hate the replay, you get a Center Track out of it.

But a CT is only $10, so how would buying a “poop yoyo” for 15 be any sort of deal? If i want to buy a high performance yoyo for $15, then why would I be happy if I basically get ripped off on a good bearing?

I’m not saying the Replay is going to play bad, it’s just that if it is supposed to be a good buy then I shouldn’t be simply overpaying for a bearing.

I never brought up hybrids. I didn’t say anything about the Surge either. I read that product description. It was left out on purpose. (I new someone would bring up the “they told us to” thing eventually)

However YYF never even brings up metal when describing the Replay. They list the merits of that individual return top. Not arbitrary comparisons to another material.

So no, the didn’t “tell” you to.

So I can compare some plastics to metal, but not others, but then I can’t compare those plastics to each other?

Well, then, what is the point of comparing anything at all?

High Performance Plastic has been compared to metal by the manufacturers. They started the trend. It doesn’t matter if they didn’t say the Replay Pro did. They called it a Performance Plastic, and they had already compared their performance plastics to metal. So yes, they did tell us so.

So I got a little bit off topic, so I’m going back to my original question. How does it compare to a Speedoholic?

quote me on this:

#deathtometal

since 2009.

I for one am really diggin this Replay Pro… VERY happy that I bought 2!! Kind of want the other colorway I didn’t get too… :slight_smile:

Outside of the outstanding $$ value compared to yoyo’s today… This thing holds it’s own as a awesome yoyo!! I had a good yoyo week and got a couple HIGH end metals and 2 Replay Pro’s… I keep going back to my Replay Pro!! The clearish black one I have been throwing the past couple days is smooth and plays just as great as some of my favorite metals and hybrids and better than some of the others!!

• For $15… KILLER deal!!!
  • For a yoyo… KILLER player for the casual or the competitive!!

:wink:

Joking aside, modern 15-20$ plastics are just amazing and so fun to play. I’m getting one Replay as soon as it get to Europe and probably some more, when you release more colours :slight_smile:

Oh my god. I have been playing the replay pro for the past hour grinning my face off. It’s nuts how much that thing costs, it plays better than stuff that costs double the amount!

Definitely getting the rest of the colors when I have some spare change