New Neon Green REPLAY PRO! Blacklight reactive!

11 Likes

I’m going to grab a Replay Pro or two at some point but there are too many good color options.

I like the clear with colored caps, the clear with reflective caps, the white Gentry artwork, the trans yellow with purple caps, the neon pink and the marble galaxy. All look great. Oh and this new one.

The ones I like most aren’t available anymore. The light blue with red caps is awesome, and I really like the orange with black caps.

7 Likes

hey @twitch77

5 Likes

Tell me about it! It’s a tough decision…

Do you go with this cool new Neon green…or with the cool translucent green non-pro Replay and put an unresponsive bearing in it!

There’s just too many options to choose from!

5 Likes

These ones don’t look like they have the cool ‘play, pause, fast forward, rewind’ buttons stamped into them like the rest.

2 Likes

N/M I was going off the only image you have of it on the shop…but now that I see the image in this thread I can see that it does.

Here’s the image on the shop without them:

2 Likes

It has all the same markings, the white background image just made it really hard to capture the fine details since it’s such a bright neon green.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! :smiley: I like the stamps (or whatever you’d call them) on the Replays.

1 Like

I had that problem. I want the sparkly mirror cap one the most but I already have one. The metal replay is phenomenal if you can find one. Even the B-grade is top notch

1 Like

So sick. Replay is still one of my fav plastics. It’s just so chunky and nice.

5 Likes

I have no modern plastics that are functional. I have some large bearing Freehands but they’re not quite up to modern standards. My old protostar is cracked.

3 Likes

I actually wonder if you would like the Replay. People tend to land at the very ends of the opinion spectrum about it. Some love it, some people absolutely despise it. I wonder where your opinion about it would land.

2 Likes

Where would you put it compared to the Protostar as far as performance goes, or even the Skyyva (which I owned and lost)? I don’t have quite as high standards for plastics, i really just want something I can bring anywhere without worrying about damaging while walking around or being out too much money if I lose it. That being said, I’m hoping it has enough power that I’m not limited to like 30 second throws.

2 Likes

check out Gentry’s 2015 Nats Final.
From what I understand it was a standard replay, but with a different bearing.

2 Likes

Replay and Protostar have almost identical spintime. Protostar just feels faster. I think you would like the replay. They are tanks, and it packs quite a lot more than 30 seconds of spintime.

3 Likes

Translation : @Durfee I don’t think you can play that fast, you will like the replay. XD
/jk

3 Likes

They’ve got plastic bearing seats, they are not tanks. Mine just died sadly.

1 Like

Yes they are. Plastic bearing seats are not the mos durable thing, but mine lasted a good 3 years before it completely died from use.

I got it in 2016. It was my first unresponsive yoyo. I damaged it like i’ve done to no other yoyo.

This is when it finally died on february of this year.

I squeezed 3 years of skill learning out of that $16 piece of plastic, without it failing me once. That’s a tank in my book.

7 Likes

hey EOS this is unrelated but do you know where i can find some good fixie tricks?

I bought mine off the the bst here and it lasted a month.

same failure. I guess it lasted them longer.

2 Likes