YYF or OD?

(Because there isn’t a thank you option in the app) Thank you

PM Me if you have a B!ST Tondo F/T

Indeed. We search IPs and very quickly ban anyone who has made duplicate accounts.

I haven’t heard people use the phrase “YoYoFactory Death Grip” in a long time, but if you do a search with that phrase you’ll find some info. And here’s a thread about it: “YoYoFactory Death Grip” - stuck bearings in YYF yoyos - Manufacturer Official News - YoYoExpert Forums

I don’t really follow the new releases like I used to, so this very well may no longer be an issue. I’m sure others can confirm either way.

One drop seems to have better quality yoyos. I love yoyofactory but I haven gotten a few yoyos that had a problem from the machining. I would definitely recommend a One Drop Vanguard as they are extremely amazing!! You will love it! The Vanguard and gauntlet is different shapes, different design.

Awesome!! Thank you!!

OD Vanguard and Gauntlet it is, plus Superstar 2016 and Alum Dream.

I like YYF budgets, especially the Too HOT and the new Genesis, but I’d still go with One Drop given the choice.

You shouldn’t have a problem with a defective yoyo either way. And if by some small chance you did, I have no doubt YYE or the manufacturer would make it right. They’re the real deal.

I have many more YYFs than ODs, but my favorite throw is hands down the MarkMont Classic. I heard a lot of guys at OD think it’s their best work, too. I was used to centering bearings but the OD 10 ball is of such high quality that I didn’t swap it out. I had to get the hang of it, but now I like it a lot and I feel it’s made me a stronger player since I have to really watch the balance.

I do plan on getting the Too Hot in the near future.

Yup! That’s what I love about YYE!

I agree how it’ll make a player better. Looking forward to try it out!!

I have more OD than I do yyf and while I enjoy both brands and think both have great yoyos. I like to clean my bearings pretty often and with yyf that can be a chore to get them out sometimes. I also prefer the OD response pads a little more. None of these " preferences" will keep me from purchasing yyf yoyos. The new edge looks awesome btw!

The vanguard is great choice but I’m really enjoying the new top deck!

I have owned and played every One Drop produced, I have never had one wobble or vibe on me which says quite a bit about their quality. It could be extremely good luck on my part I guess… but I doubt my luck is that good. I am not as up on my YYF as I am on One Drop. I have played some of their newer designs and they performed well but there was just something about the feel that didn’t agree with me.

If I may throw another couple One Drops at you to think about I would say keep the top Deck and the MarkMont Classic in mind when you look to buy again in the future. The Gauntlet and Vanguard are great as well but the MC in particular is still one that I consider to be one of One Drop’s all time best designs.

For sure, I will keep that in mind. I already have my eyes on the Top Deck :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems like everyone is enjoying their Top Deck!! :grin:

I don’t see a lot of reviews on the Vanguard nor thr Gauntlet… They’re not that old right? If I’m not mistaken they’re less than a year old.

Gauntlet is a month or so old and vanguard is maybe 6 months. People don’t seem to do reviews as much as people did in the past.

haha. I am well aware of this. Destroyed my popstar because of it back in the day. Doesn’t happen to near the extent it used to, at least to me. Was thinking more on the lines of weight distribution, and wall thickness (which I’m aware there was a problem like this before the 888 came out) when I originally saw the comment

I feel like that’s because there aren’t that many yoyos out there anymore that aren’t of decent quality…

Also, I would personally recommend the 2016 superstar. Doesn’t have that “this is a bimetal” feel but still is a great bimetal (especially for the price)!

Definitely getting the 2016 Superstar

I’ve decided to get the Vanguard, Gauntlet, Aluminium Dream and Big Dipper. Gonna save up for Superstar 2016 and Top Deck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All four are good choices. Vanguard and Gauntlet are amazing budget yo-yos that play without compromise. I have not played an Aluminum Dream but I am going to assume it has some of the play characteristics of the Titanium Dream which I liked except for the blue finish. Big Dipper is a fun plastic, I own two which says a lot since I rarely do doubles.

Let us know what you think of the Top Deck and the Superstar 2016. I have the former and consider it one of One Drop’s best. The Superstar 2016 looks interesting but I prefer my bimetals with the ring in the cup instead of over the rim since I like incorporating grinds into my play. Rings in the cup allow the manufacturer to bring the blast finish to the rim edge without any raw steel to gum up the grinds. If you are not a fan of grind tricks, this will not impact you at all.

All four are good choices. Vanguard and Gauntlet are amazing budget yo-yos that play without compromise. I have not played an Aluminum Dream but I am going to assume it has some of the play characteristics of the Titanium Dream which I liked except for the blue finish. Big Dipper is a fun plastic, I own two which says a lot since I rarely do doubles.

Let us know what you think of the Top Deck and the Superstar 2016. I have the former and consider it one of One Drop’s best. The Superstar 2016 looks interesting but I prefer my bimetals with the ring in the cup instead of over the rim since I like incorporating grinds into my play. Rings in the cup allow the manufacturer to bring the blast finish to the rim edge without any raw steel to gum up the grinds. If you are not a fan of grind tricks, this will not impact you at all.
[/quote]
Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to test em out. I might postpone getting the Top Deck and 2016 Superstar. The CLYW Orca and Borealis are :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

CLYW’s colorways are so beautiful.

Hi:

I don’t own any OD, although I’d love to have several, but I can tell you that since the TOO Hot is on your list you will not be disappointed. It’s my current favorite yoyo. I got one in the YYE Mystery Box last year along with the Dogma. The Dogma is an amazing yoyo but it’s also very light and will tend to lean if your technique isn’t great (as mine isn’t). The TOO Hot is incredibly stable. I also find that it’s more comfortable in my hand than my Shutter. It’s just a great yoyo all around.

My wife says I need to cut back on buying yoyos (but I only have like, 14. That’s not too many is it? ??? ) I would love a OD Gradient and a Cascade at least. The Gauntlet looks amazing and I’m such a big fan of Terraria (over 300 hours into that game) that I’d love to get a Terrarian.