YYF Little Confusion help

Let me start out by saying that I had one before that I never really clicked with and traded it off. After playing with my full size Confusion w/hubstacks I thought I might try again thinking this would make for a nice pocket carry throw.

When I throw the full size I feel it on the string, you can feel the power and you actually know it’s there using Kitty F/C normal string. The L/C is set up with brand new YYF small bearing thick pads per the site, freshly cleaned and lubed with thin lube bearing, and a ZipLine Alphaline string. When I throw it it feels loose and just doesn’t feel like there’s anything there.

There is about a 10g difference in weight 61g vs 51.3g.

I set up my string length about 2" shorter than I normally do for responsive throws. I was wondering if thick lube might help.

I really want to like this one

2 Likes

My mini confusion is a funny one I usually take in long car rides. I’m pretty sure I ended up putting grease in the bearing to get it to respond a bit more aggressively because the light line wasn’t doing enough. I’ll have to pull it out the case and mess with it a bit though.

1 Like

That’s what I’m going to try next and then maybe a thicker string

I fidget with it more without a string on it, playing around with the Hubstacks. You could also try double wrapping or even triple wrapping the string in the bearing. Clean and Thin Lube is usually an unresponsive set up technique.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to get the hubstacks back on? I wanted to try it without the extra centrifugal mass of the outer bearings and it’s really nice and snappy now with the return and a lil thin lube after cleaning. I can’t find a way to get them back on they are so small

Tiny o ring then beating then stack

1 Like

I recomennd put the bearing on the post, put the retaining oring on to hold it, then the hubstack.

1 Like