YYF hubstack afterglow pcb

So i was replacing the batteries in my hub stack afterglow and I cracked the pcb in just the right way that it broke a lead and no longer lights up. I think i might be able to mend it with my trusty soldering iron but figure i would ask while im at it if anyone knows where i can either find a replacement part or something comparable. a spare part would be nice but i can’t even find like a light up kit for the myy stuff so curious if anyone knows of a place to go for such things.

I thought about emailing yyf about it but like its a decade old. If someone emailed me about a computer i sold them a “decade ago i would be like cool bro no idea what you want from me” I did snag an after glow from the amazying sale but the boards on those where pretty far gone from battery acid corrosion but maybe i can salvage one and have one after glow working again.

someone would probably just say “why bother aren’t there other yoyos that have lights in them you could buy” but thats not the point and sounds like something my wife would say…

Aw, that’s a bummer

YYE still yas some yellow glow hubstack yoyos, if you ask they could probably check if it lights up still before sending it out.

Also if the corroded one you snagged was from the recent amayzing sale and doesn’t light up you should probably message yoyofactory anyway and see if there’s anything they can do.

Good luck!

Can you get a better shot of the “Crack”. Curious what the other side of the board looks like too.

We have cases of the boards that never had batteries installed

6 Likes

Ehh the amayzing sale ones where very obviously a gamble and Ben did say and list they don’t light up. Absolutely wasn’t expecting much but figured spare parts maybe for like 5 bucks lol.

Out with kids but I’ll get a shot for the curious. It’s not easy to see on camera but it’s just enough I have to solder it and maybe it’ll work.

That works too I’ll shoot y’all an email.