YYF DNA vs YYF Superstar

what I mean regarding the screeching sound is that two days ago when I got it it was almost completely silent when I threw it… and now it screeches a little.

POLLO YOYO, what do you mean when you say “its probably breaking in”?

Read the posts above you. He already got a DNA.

Breaking in means like working out kinks. If its screeching REALLY LOUD, then you may want to contact yoyofactory for them to have a look at it. Normal bearings make noise, but bad ones are super loud.

I guess it’s not screeching “REALLY LOAD”… but louder than when I started using it 3 days ago.

The bearing is fine. After a certain period of time the lube in the bearing starts to wear down and the bearing starts breaking in. If you want to, you could just lube the bearing. But I would suggest just leaving it as it is for awhile.

Hmmm… I lubed it just a little before reading this post… :confused:

And I have another question:
I tried measuring how long can I get my DNA yoyo to sleep without doing any tricks.
now, I know my throw is not perfect, but it died around 45 seconds after I threw it…
could it be that there is something wrong with it?

How long have you been yo-yoing? Could just be that you need to work on your throw. I’ve used an 888 (pretty much the same thing as a DNA) and it just spins forever… ;D You’ll be fine. Don’t worry so much, I suggest you just play with it. I’m sure you’ll love it. :wink:

I play for about 9 months now, and I’m pretty sure my throw is not that bad…
And it is definitely not spinning “forever” :frowning:

It started dying more quick when I lubed it (thin lube)… could that have a connection?

people say it feels super heavy

Ummmm…it? What does it mean? And what does that have anything to do with…anything?

Ask YYF, they may have advice…what lube did you use?

The lube will definitely effect spin times. Keep playing with it though and the lube will break down and it will spin the same as when you bought it. I had a DNA with a noisy bearing as well and it eventually worked itself out.

I sent an e-mail… let’s see what they have to say.
and I used yoyojam thin lube.

I surly hope so :slight_smile: