YYF BiMetal vs Duncan Barracuda

Hey all, happy Friday! I don’t throw a lot of YYF or Duncan personally so I was hoping to get some advice.(hopefully from someone that owns or has played both?) Would you prefer the YYF BiMetal, or the Duncan Barracuda 2016? Now I know they aren’t very similar and obviously one is bimetal etc etc. But which spins longer? Plays more stable? Smoother? I have heard the Barracuda is unbelievable but the BiMetal for the price is also awesome.

1 Like

They’re both good but out of the 2 choices I’d rather have a Barracuda

2 Likes

Love the Barracuda

2 Likes

Barracuda.

But the things that make me like the Barracuda more are its connection players like Rafael Matsunaga, Hank Freeman, János Karancz, Isaac Sams, and others. It’s a great yoyo to begin with, but the players behind it are what make it legendary to me.

The YYF bimetal is hard to beat in terms of bang for your buck performance, but it doesn’t have much of a legacy or story behind it.

5 Likes

Any bigger particular reasons? I know the Barracuda is a heavier throw which I like personally because I’m not very fast. How would you say learning tricks are on it?

I’m just saying…

7 Likes

It’s just a very good all around yoyo. The bimetal might have better spin time which could help in learning but the barracuda is a great yoyo.

Let me put it this way: I sold my Bimetal but I still have my Barracuda

2 Likes

Barracuda such a good YoYo

2 Likes

Ya know it’s funny I thought of that right away too lol, so I went to find a Barracuda vid with the song but I was super disappointed when I couldn’t find one! I don’t film myself too often but I just may have to post a little combo with the song when I get mine in a couple days

2 Likes

I’m rocking with the Barracuda guys! Gold with black splash. Thanks for all the input :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Nuff said! I went with the Barracuda, but I’m sure I’ll snag the BiMetal eventually if it’s still available for 35 bucks within the next month or so.

3 Likes

Scooped one up! My only other Duncan’s are the Torque and the WindRunner. The WindRunner actually really impressed me and the Torque is my go-to for 5a

1 Like

Duncan makes some amazing stuff

1 Like

I could honestly and confidently say I’m not sure there’s a better mono metal than the WindRunner in that 20-30 dollar price range. It’s that good lol, and I’m sure the 7068 model is even better. That’s why when I see everyone saying the Barracuda is that good I’m like okay yeah I believe it haha

1 Like