Yoyos with Soul

so soul = vibe?

2 Likes

Is there such a thing as Good Vibrations with yoyos?

That’s what the Beach Boys were always on about right?

1 Like

so I had the Vegan Nuggets at KFC last week and oh boy did they have soul!

1 Like

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

1 Like

Can you please say that slower…. But this time in ‘English’…

Thanks

Hmmmmm… I thought about that… Once…

So I played this:

It’s so unique and it’s soul is so big that doesn’t fit the body.

After some hours, I’m just craving for a soulless yoyo, that was my solution.
:smiley:

3 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Yes sir that is the equation :crazy_face:

1 Like

You know those spirit animal things they put on Beyblades?

Gotta start putting those on yoyos. Then we’ll never have this problem again.

5 Likes

The Komodo and Dang 2 feel like they have the most soul to me. They have a certain feeling that can’t be easily described, but can be felt more distinctly under the appropriate conditions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In terms of play the Ari has an amazing feeling. My most unique and honestly soulful yo-yo in play. My Ti Vayder though has been with me for some major life events. I make sure it’s on me when I do something significant or go see a movie or anything I want to remember. The memories tied to that really brings it to life for me. Most recently I went with my sister to watch The Batman and of course the Vayder was on me.

3 Likes

I’m going to go with a very expected answer, The Creep. I just pick it up and feel like it knows me.

2 Likes

I’ll acknowledge that, yes, this is a very subjective thing.

And also note that, to me, D bearing throws tend to have more “soul” than C bearing yoyos. Not to say that no C bearing throws do, but the “hit rate” for me seems to be much higher with D vs C.

5 Likes

I met a guy who showed me his yoyo. It was a yoyo from mowl, I don’t know what model tho. Anyway it had scratches and dings everywhere and it even had a custom laser engraving with his name and telephone number in case he lost it. And he was opening beer bottles with it.
Now that was soul to me, this yoyo carried so much personality.

12 Likes

Its possible youre bored with the hobby. Maybe pick up a new style other than 1a

This is a really cool idea! I am always interested in how memories attach themselves to objects, and this is a way to combine memories into one object.

1 Like

I have acknowledged that I was recently very focused on high density “tricks that click” and have recently tried to move away from that and try to create my own creative identity.

As I have done this I have noticed that the very high performance yoyos that I used to gravitate towards have started to bore me a little.

1 Like

I have not tried one. I know that many people love them and I would like to try one, but I unfortunately do not live near any yoyo friends and the stress of grabbing one at drop is rather intense.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t soul be the opposite of what you want to eat as a vegan?

I thought about this way more than I should have. All I can say is a yo-yo which has had more contact with it’s creator, such as a hand turned one, or custom made, has more soul. It has a connection with the craftsperson, which in turn goes to the owner. None of this is quantifiable, it’s more of a spiritual belief.

animism
[ˈanəˌmizəm]

NOUN

1. the attribution of a soul to plants, inanimate objects, and natural phenomena.