Yoyos in pop culture

I thought it would be fun to post yoyos being used in pop culture,

There is a few that I have seen ,

7 Likes

This is one of my favorites (though the audio seems slightly sped up to me, maybe to get around copyright bots)

This list is pretty exhaustive but surely missing some

12 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a wiki for it

1 Like

Me neither haha, it came up when I was googling “yoyo king of the hill” because I remembered seeing one in an episode I watched recently and wanted to post it in this thread.

2 Likes

I watched the whole thing and it was awesome!

2 Likes

It’s such a great little story! I need to learn how to split the atom like that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Re: the Seinfeld clip, my wife says that this is me everytime a new yoyo drops! :joy:

6 Likes

I think they showed the trick like that because it worked better visually. Or maybe it CAN be done like that!!!

3 Likes

I love that yo-yo Song!

3 Likes

At 1:57 opponents are vanquished with a yo-yo

14 Likes

Thanks for this😎

3 Likes
9 Likes

And here’s more irrefutable proof that yoyos are in fact deadly weapons masquerading as toys.

15 Likes

This is sooooo great!

It seems like at least one of the guys should’ve been able to cut the string with their swords though??? It’s apparently not some uncuttable string or anything since the one guy cut it with a knife to sacrifice himself.

3 Likes

Was rewatching Buffy the vampire slayer and saw Willow gift Buffy a yoyo in s5e9. I know it’s a stretch but does anyone think they can identify this yoyo? The episode premiered in November 2000. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot_20220518-220655
Screenshot_20220518-220519

9 Likes

It looks a lot like a Duncan Trans-Axtion. It’s a little hard to tell the overall profile, but the color and cap shape and design (one side blank/one side printed) both match. The general time frame matches up too. It was released in early 1999 and that episode aired in the late 2000.

9 Likes

Was surprised to see Hansel pull off a front style combo on a FH1 in Zoolander. That ■■■■ made me laugh

8 Likes

Still one of my favorite childhood films. Always remembered that moment in it specifically.

Also, combat sausages.

If you’re going to discuss yoyos in pop culture and not mention Mike Allred’s “Madman” comic then what has the world come to.

2 Likes

Steve Brown was the stunt double for that actually!

Per IMDB:

“The yoyo scenes, as shown by Hansel (Owen Wilson), were performed by professional yoyo performer and Duncan company employee Steve Brown.”

11 Likes