Yoyos in pop culture

Great, now I need to rewatch Zoolander :rofl:

2 Likes

I think That looks like an og Duncan freehand one to me ??? At least from what I can tell from the caps, but yet I could be wrong. It’s kinda hard to tell :thinking:

2 Likes

There’s a show in Netflix called Samurai Rabit
The rabbits second weapon is a yoyo…

You can see it attached to the rabbits right hip.

6 Likes

I think @mable was correct with it being a Duncan Trans-Axtion. This scene came out the year before the first Freehand was released(2001). I initially thought it was a Freehand based on the caps too, but after looking it up I realized it was a little too early for that to be one.

2 Likes

Based on a comic book also.

4 Likes

How many “Crippling bouts of vertigo” before I can learn the invisible man?

That’s a cute cartoon. I hope I don’t loose all my friends though.

3 Likes

It’s only a YoYo Shwa, how much could it cost? $1,000?

2 Likes

I don’t follow. ??

I was referencing the cartoon the Isaac posted. In it Mr. Tate was explaining how much time and effort it takes to train to be a yoyo pro. 3 min in, check it out. too funny.

1 Like

Tommy Smothers, and this is ancient history at this point.

Yo-yos in space is fun, but admittedly not “pop culture”.

13 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were referencing a TV called Arrested Development. One charcter is always talking about her crippling bouts of vertigo, and another has a book about “The Invisible Man Inside of Me.”

I assumed you were joking off that, sorry for the confusion.

8 Likes

Not totally relevant to the topic, but Yojinbo meaning bodyguard really opened the meaning behind Yojimbo in Final Fantasy :smiley: Cool little fact.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that either at the time!

2 Likes

funny enough is when i saw that on tv when i was a teen i immediately knew it was steve brown cuz of his style

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Mountain Dew commercial:

23 Likes

No wonder i love mountain dew so much :laughing::rofl: !!! Its the best of both worlds !!! The commercial was perfect except for the part of knocking people out :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Just was watching this trailer for baymax! And it looks like there will be some 2A action going on in it

12 Likes

Just randomly loaded up this game I never played before. Atomic Betty for GameBoy Advance. The game sucks but this character’s idle animation is him throwing some kind of responsive yoyo and doing a little flourish.

17 Likes

Terrible movie….but YYWS yoyos and our wheel/anchor/waves logo was in “Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul.”

I wish it was a better movie. Then it would be cool. Oh well. I’ve been trying to convince Jules Jordan to use our stuff as props, but you know…kids and all.

10 Likes

That’s awesome
My kid loves these movies.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a real trick. Reminds me of skin the cat almost.