Yoyos from a Decade Ago Frozen In Time

I hope it’s OK to post this, as the site cart doesn’t work anymore, and I don’t think it ever will again. Not sure why it’s still up, but I have fun looking at it from time to time:

http://yoyoguy.com/PL/1/8/New-&-Featured-Products.html

10 Likes

This was where I made my first major purchase way back in the late 90’s when I first jumped in. Got myself a Duncan Cold Fusion and they threw in a bunch of freebies (can’t remember everything but they gave me a cheap plastic yo, some strings and some other stuff).
I use to love window shopping on this site!

4 Likes

Also, wasn’t this site called Infinite Illusions back then?

3 Likes

Yep. I think you could type either URL, and get pointed to it.

3 Likes

Man, I still got a paper catalog from back in the day…

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s ok by me. It’s been inoperative for quite some time, and as you say any interesting bit of history is there. Not sure why he’s left it up there.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this, it’s interesting to see the stuff I missed out on. The MicroMo looks cool, and in the description it mentions Master Modder Mo Chavez. Am I correct in assuming this is the @yoyodoc?

4 Likes

Ah man this is where I accidentally purchased a YoyoJam Sigma Blade. None of that 'Zwei" business either. Original. Man my grandma was pissed when that credit card statement came in lol.

5 Likes

I used to order from them years ago. I remember the site being able to compare the yo-yos side by side. Was a cool feature I haven’t seen since.

3 Likes

I’ll let @yoyodoc answer that, but the MicroMo is a fun mini!

2 Likes

@yoyodoc = Master modded Mo Chavez. Here are a couple pics of his stuff. (He has a lot more lol)

8 Likes

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.

Greg runs a candy shop in Tallahassee now, he has a YouTube channel called lofty pursuits. I watched it for over a year before I realized it was him

2 Likes

I wonder how much of that inventory he has sitting around somewhere?

1 Like