Yoyo's and airports

So this weekend I’m going on my first intercontinental flight. I’m flying from Amsterdam -> Dublin -> Miami. I have never brought a yoyo on an airplane and I dont have any experience with American airports and their security at all. Will there be any problem with bringing a metal yoyo on the plane?

2 Likes

No problem at all!

1 Like

Took a plane from West Palm Beach, Florida to Warsaw, Poland, I had a decent sized backpack with about 5 yoyos in it and it went through security just fine and it sat comfortably above me the whole flight. No issues whatsoever when taking it on the plane. Not sure about throwing during the flight though :stuck_out_tongue:

Never had an issue with yo-yos. I had a TSA agent take a second look at a Kendama once though! If the tama wasn’t on the spike they prolly would of confiscated it.

Yeah I’ve flown across the country a few times with 4-6 throws in my carry-on. They’re in a super nintendo lunchbox in plastic canister deals like someone was giving away a while ago. Not a single issue, no questions asked. Coming FROM outside the US, they may take a look, but a lot of TSA is just smoke and mirrors anyway.

Many USA and international flights. Never any problem traveling with yo-yos.

1 Like

none at all I was afraid of this when going to nats but but there was no trouble at all

Thanks for the answers! Eases my mind lol :slight_smile:

Like others have said, you have nothing to worry about. I travel all the tine for work and take my yoyo’s with me. :smile:

2 Likes

Same experience for me. I brought my Banshee in my carry on bag and was never questioned about it. It qualifies as an acceptable carry on accessory in the US (though it looks like nobody has had a problem with it anywhere).

2 Likes

No issues here, both flying and otherwise! The worst I had was an NYPD officer not really knowing what it was when I was going through security for jury duty, but simply removing it from my bag and showing it to her got me through.

I do take my yoyo case out of my bag when I go through the security checkpoints these days but honestly that’s probably overkill.

2 Likes

Super Nintendo lunchbox sounds awesome.

1 Like

Yeah zero problems ever and I’ve taken many many yo-yos on many flights.

It’s my catch-all for yoyo crap at the moment, I have a bunch of the containers like the one on the right here and they fit everything as wide as a Manatee. I can fit about six of them in here and string in the gaps. Enough to keep my throwing in most trips.

3 Likes

No problem.

Although I could definitely see a security guy at a mall come up to me and ask what’s the round thing puffing out of my pocket