http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/sevHvn00_zpseiatmebv.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/sevHvn04_zpsvflrlzth.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]

Since there are so few of these available; and at such a high price (current exchange-rate: $635; if available), this review is for the curious, as well as those looking to buy:

The Seventh Heaven is the latest Titanium release from Yoyorecreation. This yo-yo enters the relatively vast-sea of Titanium yo-yo’s that have emerged from the commodities crash that suddenly made Titanium yo-yo’s viable economically. Before this past year, ANY Titanium yo-yo was seen as a “must have” due mostly to the exotic nature of the material that made the yo-yo both expensive as well as unique in the performance department due to the properties of Titanium such as increased strength as well as density. Add to that the mystique that is the Ti-Walker and Titanium; real or imagined, and you have a market that was primed for these yo-yo’s to hit the scene.

Yoyorecreation’s first Titanium release was the Dazzler. Like many other Titanium yo-yo’s the designers took a very performance-oriented approach to their yo-yo design. The results were very well performing but largely generic designs. The Dazzler was one of these yo-yo’s. Although it predates the YoyoFactory Ti-Dream, and looks nothing like it; their play is very similar due to the criteria that the designers started with. The stability is superb; as is the spin-time and speed. These are to be expected since these are the qualities that make Titanium and its increased expense tolerable to consumers. Somewhere along the way, however, someone in the Yoyorecreation design department must have decided to try the venerable Yoyorecreation Sleipnir shape - but in Titanium. I am speculating of course, but my guess is that when they tried the result they just could not help but release a second Titanium yo-yo giving it the Seventh Heaven name.

Yoyorecreation would not have released this yo-yo if it was simply another Dazzler. The entire reason that the Seventh Heaven exists is that it is NOT the Dazzler - or any other Titanium that I have thrown. This is unique because it is a Sleipnir. It plays just the way you would expect a Sleipnir to play - but with the increased performance that only Titanium can supply.

[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/sevHvn02_zpsfltbx82i.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]The Sleipnir compared with the Seventh Heaven[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/sevHvn03_zpsbq1a1u7u.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]

For those who have not played a Sleipnir, this means that the play is arguably the finest single-design of the past five years. To call it “awesome” is just another adjective. While much has been written, almost all call the Sleipnir one of the single best yo-yo designs ever. When it came to the market, its design was unique. Now that design has set the standard for modern yo-yo’s. The Sleipnir is sublime in that it seems to move before you do. The Sleipnir reacts to movement in an almost perfect feedback that allows it to change direction in a precise, easy to predict manner that makes it uniquely suited to competition where long combos, with no mistakes are necessary. The Sleipnir will always fly-straight; it hardly catches any sloppy string and will always give the extra performance that others simply cannot match. For that reason; and others, the reputation of the Sleipnir is well-earned. The Seventh Heaven simply continues this tradition into the “steroidal” realm of maximized performance.

Calling this a Sleipnir on steroids is probably an appropriate, if not flattering description of the Seventh Heaven. The play is next-level amazing while having a familiar feel. It is like getting your old VW refurbished with a turbo-charged V-6. The Seventh Heaven is pure fun to play. It brings a smile to my face each time as it moves effortlessly through numerous tricks; flubs and nudges that would spin-out most other yo-yo’s. Unlike other Titanium yo-yo’s, however, the Seventh Heaven does so with a style and “feel” that many consider the best ever made. While the Sleipnir is fast, the Seventh Heaven is even faster. The Titanium gives it speed as well as amazing directional change while still maintaining that trademark Sleipnir feel.

I do not expect that many of these will be made available. If you are able, this release is one not to be missed; should the chance present.
[/table]

3 Likes

The Sleipnir is one of my all time favorite throws. I just love the feel on the string, and the way it performs! I was curious on how the Seventh Heaven played, and you provided the best review for it :slight_smile: I’ll definitely try to save up for one! Thank you :smiley:

Well, Yoyogeezer and I bicker about this and that in the general forum section. But that friction between us has absolutely no effect on how I feel about his yoyo reviews.

What a most excellent review. And I don’t mean just because it is ‘all positive’ about the subject yoyo.

I mean his technical aspects combined with a story form presentation, gives a degree of depth that almost makes me feel like I am throwing the yoyo.

The time geezer spends working up a yoyo review is well worth the effort.

Great review …and Great pics also

3 Likes

^^ Thanks Doc. I truly appreciate your comments.

I really wanted to give the Seventh Heaven the write-up it deserves.

1 Like