[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/mb4.jpg

[/td]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/mb1.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]

Yoyorecreation is one of the most popular yoyo brands in Japan today. They have been producing high-quality competition yoyos that have won many championships. Because of their relative expense when compared with domestic yoyos, these brands have found limited success here in the United States.

Yoyorecreation’s competitor-owner Kendo Kido, produces signature series that are carefully designed to suit individual players and styles so that they can maximize their competitive performance.

“For the signature series, he works closely with the player, tweaking all of the specs to perfection, until the ideal design emerges, ready to anoint champions. So far, two signature models have been used to claim world championships, with many more surely to follow.”

One thing that makes these yoyos more expensive than the typical North American yoyo is the Aluminum material used. Most splashy North American yoyos are made from 6061 Aluminum, which is extremely easy to machine and takes anodization well. Japanese yoyos are almost exclusively 7075 Aluminum, which is the aluminum used in aircraft frame manufacture and many high-tolerance military products. This aluminum is more dense and offers distinctly different playing characteristics from 6061 Aluminum.

One of the most recent offerings from Yoyorecreation’s signature series is Hiroyasu Ishihara’s “Mr Butcher”. This particular yoyo shows clearly how each design is tweaked to suit the player. This yoyo does not look like anything previously from yoyorecreation. Instead of the thin inner walls and focused rim-weight; this yoyo puts much greater-emphasis on placing the weigh in the center to maximize the spin-time. The inner walls are thicker towards the center and taper slightly outwards to the less-weighted rims than we have grown to expect from YYR. The result is a powerful, long- spinning yoyo that allows for fabulous 5A play as well as remarkable control and speed for 1A.

[tr]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/mb2.jpg

[/td]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/mb3.jpg

[/td]
[td]

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd488/mcdvrd/mb5.jpg

[/td]
[/tr]
Diameter: 55cm
Width: 43.25cm
Weight: 66.7g

The play is extremely solid, which is what I would expect from a 67g yoyo. But because of the more uniform distribution of this weight, this yoyo is speedy from string to string. Because the weight of the yoyo is spread accross the uniformly thick body, the yoyo feels less massive. One thing I have noticed about more centrally-weighted yoyos, like the Phenom - they do not tend to compensate for poor throws like heavily rim-weighted throws. This means that Mr. Butcher will spin forever - in whatever way you throw him. Make a crooked throw; and you will have a long-spinning, crooked yoyo. This means that sloppy play will not be rewarded by Mr. Butcher. If, however, you can throw a straight, clean breakaway, Mr Butcher will reward you with a powerful long-spinning yoyo that exudes control and stability as it deftly moves from trick to trick with seemingly no loss in speed or momentum. If you are looking for a few extra seconds to fit in that last trick or combo; Mr Butcher can deliver.

If this is your first Yoyorecreation and you play 1A; I might try one of their classic models first like the Sleipnir - if only to understand what it was that made them famous. If, however, you already know that amazing Yoyorecreation feel, and you play 1A, 3A or 5A then Mr. Butcher is a great addition to the many different types of signature throws that have made Yoyorecreation the success that it is. It is not only innovative in its design, it is also great fun to play.

AWESOME work man! Loved the review! I will definitively get one now over the new double joker. But one thing isnt the weight of the yoyo a little bit below 67 and not 68?

1 Like

You are right. I will fix it.
thanks.

Great review. Two things though.

1. I’m guessing that it’s supposed to be mm, not cm in the specs.
  2. 6061 is actually used more often in aircraft then 7075. It (7075) is also roughly 3 times the price.

You are wrong. 7075 is more expensive to purchase and to machine. Check with OneDrop on that. The GZR (7075) version of the 54 is $145. The Code1 GZR is the same elevated price due to increased cost of materials.

7075 is the highest strength common alum alloy. Yield and ultimate strengths almost double of 6061. The strength falls off at elevated temperatures so is not a good choice for high performance pistons in model engines. Machines very nice, similar to 2024. More difficult to anodize than 6061, but not as difficult as 2024. Not good for welding. Cost is about double of 6061.

Not sure what applications 6061 has in aircraft structural composition. Perhaps cast parts?

Oops. Typed the wrong thing. Wasn’t really paying attention when I wrote it. [quote=Wikipedia]6061 is widely used for construction of aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselages, more commonly in homebuilt aircraft than commercial or military aircraft.[6] 2024 alloy is somewhat stronger, but 6061 is more easily worked and remains resistant to corrosion even when the surface is abraded, which is not the case for 2024, which is usually used with a thin Alclad coating for corrosion resistance.[7]
[/quote]
7075 isn’t even mentioned. 6061 is used for all but the parts that require the higher strength of 7075. If it’s not needed, it’s not used.