Which yoyorecreation should be my first

I’m getting a bonus from work and I feel like I might pull the trigger on a yoyorec throw. I’ve always wanted one so I wanted to hear peoples opinions on which they would recommend as a go to for a first, and probably only, yoyorecreation throw. And I’m looking only from their new line. Don’t really want to bother with the bst.

BST will get you better deals and is really not much effort or risk at all when buying from an established seller. Only buying new retail will limit your options.

These are all YYE has in stock that aren’t 4A yo-yos, the Typeface Series, or plastic

Of those, I’ve played the Overdrive Draupnir, Chopsticks Gorilla, and FYFO. I liked the FYFO the most, followed by Chopsticks Gorilla and Overdrive Draupnir (tied, they’re both great just different). I definitely prefer mono metals though so take that for what you will.

Personally I’d recommend a Sleipnir (or the Rebellion subbrand Qillian) if you were open to the BST.

5 Likes

Chopsticks gorilla looks pretty great.

2 Likes

Chopsticks Gorilla gets my vote. :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

So, you played all of their bi-metals from China and found you liked an over-priced, over-sized mono-metal 6061 copy of the E=MC^2 from OneDrop? I have owned just about every YYR made. That is not the choice I would make.

Your choice depends on what type of play style you prefer. If you are starting out; why not choose the OD Draupnir? It is a highly-regarded model.

1. OD Draupnir
  2. Anomally
  3. Chopsticks Gorilla
  4. Rami
  5. Autoscopy

I prefer mono metals in general over bi-metals almost universally, so yeah, I’m not surprised I enjoyed the FYFO.

over-priced

Mostly subjective. It’s machined in the USA by One Drop, that automatically increases base costs. It costs around what A-RT throws cost, but I’m sure you think those are over-priced as well, which you’re entirely in your right to think. Being 6061 vs 7075 or 7068 doesn’t play all that much into price either.

over-sized

Lmao this is entirely a subjective opinion and down to individual preferences. It’s also nearly 2mm smaller in diameter than your top pick, the Overdrive Draupnir, so I’m not sure where you’re getting “oversized” from.

It’s a YYR yo-yo, designed by YYR, machined by One Drop; how can they “copy” their own design?

An opinion was asked for, I answered with mine. There’s no need to be antagonistic over a literal subjective opinion of shiny metal toys. But that seems to be your schtick :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

FYFO is the E=MC^2 scaled-up; and using 6061. I assume it is machined by OneDrop; since there are no other (metal) yo-yo manufacturers in OR.

FYFO is a perfectly good yo-yo. Whether made from 7068, 7075 or 6061; is any aluminum only yo-yo competitive at $140? Only if it has the YYR badge. Lol…

When I think modern YYR, I think bi-metal. If you want YYR mono-metal; get any of the old 7075 yo-yo’s they offered in addition to their newer mono-metals:

1. Sleipnir
  2. Gleipnir
  3. E=MC^2
  4. Fragment
  5. Stargazer
    … 10. FYFO

Ti:
1.Seventh Heaven
2. Dazzler
3.Wonder

1 Like

I haven’t tried the seventh heaven but agree dazzler beats wonder. Did you not like the fireworks?

1 Like

I did not rate the fireworks because I have not played one. I would appreciate your ranking it along with the others.

1 Like

I liked the Fyfo more than I expected also. Nothing sexy about it but it shreds. I think you can say that about a lot of companies . The way I see it I am giving back to a very small niche community. I also got the syfo and like it very much. Pretty clunky but also very stable and fun .

1 Like

My favorites for yo-yo rec are the anomaly and Valkyrie . If you are looking for fast and high performing I would say opt for the overdrive draupnir though.

3 Likes

What about the Valkyrie? That’s a good one. And according to the specs it is machined in Japan.

2 Likes

My 3 favorite YYRs are:

• Anomaly
  • Inevitable
  • Chopsticks Gorilla

You can’t go wrong with any of these.

3 Likes