yoyoplantation

Dude, its just the first thing I think of. The second thing I think of is a farm. I just read about the Civil War in history and the terms “plantation” and “slavery” come up in the same sentence a lot.

Nice blog!

1 Like

I am also not a fan of the name. Maybe the message is, “we are a slave to yo-yos.” Or, yo-yos are a slave to us. :-\ That’s the only thing I can think of. Perhaps there might be an article on the name chosen, and the meaning of it. It’s not the definition, but when you make a name, there are certain things that will pop into some people’s heads…for me the slavery thing is one here and not a good one to mix with yo-yo. But, so be it.

That aside, my first thoughts were that there are already several sources to get the news about yo-yo. My primary sources have been yoyonews.com and the YoyoExpert blog. In addition to following companies on Facebook and Instagram, as well as the forum, there seems a lot of sources already out there.

I read the statement of the owner about why he created the site, basically to give his opinions about what is going on in yo-yo, talk about new releases, and upcoming contests. There are plenty of sources for new yo-yo releases and upcoming contests. It can get a bit dull, if his sources for finding out about new releases and contests, are other blogs like YoyoExpert or Yoyonews. Then it just becomes a lot of “So…I read about the news on another site, and here’s what I think of the news I read on the other blog.” It would be a new twist if he had some inside scoop that the other news sources don’t have access to. Also, if what sets his blog apart is his opinions, and there is a whole site generated around them, he should give more background about himself and why people will be drawn in to read those opinions. I usually think opinions of someone like myself are better suited to a forum than a whole website, but I don’t know the owner’s background to say what the deal is. I am just the average Joe so to speak, and if he is not, he might say a bit more about himself.

I can applaud anyone’s efforts at journalism, but I don’t think the blog will be a good fit for me. I wish him luck with it, and like the professional appearance (layout).

1 Like

A lot of personal opinion blogs have strange names, I don’t see it as too big of a deal.

I’m always up for reading more yoyo-related stuff. I like reading different people’s opinions on subjects that interest me, hence why I’m here on this forum.

I’ll be following and reading. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumpity

I don’t think I ever would have related yoyoing to slavery as a result of the name “yoyoplantation”. My first thought was that it was like the farm version of yoyofactory and that it was a clever name. My second thought was that I’ve thought it was sort of odd that YYE never really solidified itself as the main source of yoyo info out there since it already has a fairly large following. My third thought was that I like yoyonews and will continue using yoyonews as my source of yoyo news.

edit
Oh, I thought it was trying to be like yoyonews, I didn’t realize it was just a blog. The layout is nice.

I checked this site out, and it’s pretty good. With some more material, this site could be up there with YoyoNews. ;D

1 Like

Uh, well thanks for the confidence, but…well, ok.

Check your stats regarding the measurements of the Aviator. It most certainly isn’t 56mm wide.

1 Like

Oops, thanks.