YoyoJoker Yoyo Alloy?

http://yoyojoker.jp

Look at the CAD of the Double Joker. I would really love to know what Al alloy could make use of the thin walls like that.

I know it’s High Grade, but the specific alloy is what I don’t know. Anyone have any ideas?

I really don’t see any difference than any other yoyo.

It’s a lot thinner than most of my designs, some of which were 7075, and for me to use a thickness like that would provide a 24g half usually.

So you are saying that his expanded view is too thin? I think it’s not at all.

my guess is 7075 (ive played or owned all of the YYJokers so far). i just calipered the thickness of the Al between the recess and seat on my Cocytus and got right under a mm. the wall is thicker than that, but not double it. my guess would be around 1.7mm (just a ball park guess) at its thinnest (recess and bearing seat cuts) which is doable with 6061, but more reliable with 7075

Odd. I can’t seem to get a yoyo as thin as that with a 7075 alloy to weight even 63g xD

are you adding the weight of the bearing and axle? for VsNYYC at least, that normally adds at least 3g

Yeah. Each half usually comes out, with that thickness, to 24-28g At the most.

how are you unable to add more thickness or rim weight?

I’m not. What I was saying was, I don’t think it’s 7075 because I’ve messed w/ this and its weight in Solidworks, and a design as thin as that usually gets me a small amount of weight. Today, I tried that particular diameter, and an even wider design, and with it being thicker than that by a good bit, got a 25.5g half weight.

Then you are missing something. Lots of yoyo’s have walls that thin. I even think mine are close to that.

not only that, but you are assuming that that is the actual Double Joker cross section. it could have been made close to it but not perfect just for reference/decoration.

i know i wouldnt show VsNYYC cross sections over the net. its asking for problems

Touche’

Perhaps Solidworks can’t do computations then xD

Thanks for the comments.

My yoyo and all of Big Brother yo’s were made on solid works. It sure can do them.

i think what he meant was SW cant compute a weight for a cross section he doesnt have

bingo. There’s no real way for me to tell.

Ah Yeah if you don’t have the exact measurements then your SW won’t give you squat. :slight_smile: