Yoyojam Documentary

After 9 months it’s done. Enjoy.

34 Likes

amazing video

6 Likes

Thank you for everything you do. This was great!

6 Likes

Killed it. I’m only half way through but great so far.

7 Likes

I liked it. Nice job!

6 Likes

Man, now i really want to find a pristine super sellout. Nice video.

2 Likes

Same watch length and opinion, missed the yoyojam days so this is nice little history lesson so far

3 Likes

That was fantastic. Thank you.

2 Likes

As someone new to learning about the hobby, this video is awesome! I’m not quite finished yet, but just wanted to come let you know that you did a great job. Thanks for such a well-researched contribution to yo-yo fans.

3 Likes

So good!!

4 Likes

Fantastic video. I feel like this video missed a slight opportunity to mention Sturm Panzer which may as well be a continuation of Yoyojam. Since SP immediately picked up some of the YYJ sponsored players like Sora Ishikawa (before he eventually moved to C3) and made evolutions of YYJ models. The Night Moves 9 was a Sturm Panzer model (named WY-009 NM9 which is why you might not have found it), and they made evolutions of

Free Agent → News Free Agent
Chaser → Star Chaser
Phenom → Rising Phenom + Eclipse Ogre Arousal
Next Level → Stone River Sky

There’s more I’m missing but this is what I can recall right now.

This is a minor thing since this is more about SP than it is about YYJ. But I figured this post might be interesting for people interested in more of the direct modern legacy of yoyojam.

Thanks for the video! As Sturm Panzer put it, No Yoyojam, No Life.

Edit: I kinda forgot about this, but I was just browsing the SP SS owner’s instagram and forgot that SP put out multiple books detailing early yoyojam models. Their personal YYJ collection is so sick if anybody else wants to see it here’s the link STURM PANZER shipping staff (@sturmpanzer_japan) • Instagram photos and videos

Edit 2: I also totally forgot that YYJ sponsored Tomonari “Black” Ishiguro and gave him two signatures, Black Nova and Clessiah. Black isn’t talked about much any more, but they were definitely a legend player. 13 million people have watched him on youtube which probably makes him one of the most watched yoyoers outside of yoyoing, even if people don’t know him by name. My journey to yo-yo mastery | BLACK - YouTube

Edit 3 because apparently I can’t stop thinking about YYJ after watching this: If the Night Moves X coming from iYoYo seemed strange, it’s less strange considering iYoYo was founded by a YYJ sponsored player, Dave Geigle. The Sunset Trajectory was a dual signature for both Bill de Boisblanc and Dave Geigle. This is also why the iYoYo Sunrise loopers use a unique YYJ looper sized bearing.

12 Likes

Fantastic!

4 Likes

Great video!

5 Likes

This is amazing, thanks for all your hard work and sharing this with the community!

4 Likes

I’d just like to point out that with 2023 being pretty close, we’re close to the 20-year anniversary of the hitman and JD’s wins

So like, if anybody from iyoyo or the old yyj team is in this thread, try to make a Hitman X 2 happen :skull:

4 Likes