Yoyofriends

6/8 yoyofriends players switched to this for competition.

16 Likes

:thinking: what could it be? :thinking:

Yoyofriends 2020 flagship. A game changer.

8 Likes

Lemme know what it isss

2 Likes

When does it drop? :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Dove with steel rings coming out? lol

4 Likes

what about Titanium rims?

Explain to me how another bimetal will be a game changer.

Now this got me curious. Another high precision yoyo from Fenghuida Precision Manufacturing. I won’t be surprised if you can get YYR performance and precision out of this, without the YYR price

1 Like

What to know more about the prototype? Yoyojoe got the prototype 1.1, we are basing our production on prototype 1.2 but they play very similar.

6 Likes

Yes, my friend, the owner and I designed the yoyo for the competing players, every design queue from the shape to tiny details are suited to make yoyoers have max confidence doing their tricks :smiley: I think it will be a game changer because of the speed, catch zone and overall confidence it brings to any player.

9 Likes

Amazing. That looks pretty fast, and stable at the same time. I like how snappy and reliable the binds are. Yoyojoe said it reminds him of the draupnir, and this is still in prototype 1.1 only :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick update on the new yoyo. We have decided the 3 colorways, pricing and naming. The design was finalized weeks ago but here are more details. We are basing the production on prototype 1.2 (the red/ orange version) the difference between 1.1 and 1.2 is 1.2 got abit extra flow and characteristics to it while having the same performance. We are upping the weight by 0.2g, which is within tolerance of machining but since we are half manufacturer. I am doubling down on that precision. The response as you might see from yoyojoe’s video is a little grabby. I noticed this and the owner and I have rounded off the response area so the yoyo is less grabby and rejects better. We also changed where the ring and the 7068 body met to 100% eliminate every string rub when doing rejections. We want this to be a yoyo that gives the player 100% confidence at all time so every detail matters. Here are 4 performances from Williams Thamrong, Stephen Madden, Malte Voss and myself using proto 1.2 for yoyofriends internal team practice.

6 Likes

Glad the use of the term “game changer” caught someone else’s attention. Used here, it’s pure advertising hype. I have no doubt the yoyo is amazing, but short of a new bearing, response, etc. that actually revolutionizes the yoyo scene, it’s hyperbole. The large C bearing changed the game. Moving beyond starburst response changed the game. Bimetals changed the game. What we are talking here is improvement by inches, not leaps.

I wish the company well with this yoyo, and in general. Just wanted to get that out there.

9 Likes

I’m excited for this yoyo, the most excited about one of your yoyos since the dove :slight_smile: what are the final specs?

4 Likes

Game changer mean different from player to player depends on what type of yoyoer you are. I fully understand and agree with your point also and will stop using that word.

5 Likes

Sure, I can agree that the meaning of the word is subjective. Just laid my take on it out there - you are welcome to deploy it as you wish and wasn’t at all asking you to not use it. It may raise some eyebrows is all.

OMG those freestyles :flushed:

Amazing tricks Yiyang

1 Like

Thank you!!! Also we can clearly see I am by far the worst player on yoyofriends :rofl::rofl::rofl: this is why I manage. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

freedomofopinion

3 Likes