YoYoFactory x Turning Point Proton Review

This is my first written review so feed back would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Specs:

Diameter: 55.44 mm / 2.18 inches
Width: 41.7 mm / 1.64 inches
Response System: CBC Slim Pad Size 19mm OD
Weight: 66.3 grams
Bearing: Center Trac

First Impressions

First of all, let me start off by saying i got this yoyo since it seemed so similar to the Positron but half the price. The shape looked exactly the same, however, the Proton is a bit smaller.
When i received the yoyo i was so excited to open it. When i opened it I noticed that the Proton definitely looks like a Turning Point yoyo, but i did notice the rim weighting is a bit different. I put some Normal Kitty String on it and the first throw was amazing, it was that feel of a positron but much more smoother and stable in my opinion.

Comparisons

Since the only TP Yoyo i have is a Positron and since I’m assuming it’s designed after it, i’ll be using it to compare with the Ptoton. The shape of the two yoyos is exactly the same. My Positron is the same color as the Proton and i probably wouldn’t be able to distinguish it apart if it wasn’t for the finish. I’ve always loved my Positron but it’s not exactly the most stable yoyo, (or it could be mine is just weird). The Proton performs up to par with the Positron, if not (maybe) even better. Don’t believe me? Get one for yourself! :slight_smile:

Final Thoughts

This yoyo is SOOOOOOOOO good! For around 100 dollars if you want a yoyo that plays like the high end Japanese but not as expensive, this yoyo is definitely the yoyo for you! The sleep times are amazing and it can take on all your complicated string tricks. However, aside from it being a really good yoyo, it isn’t for everyone. If your looking to buy a yoyo that is designed to play flowy and smooth and glide through the air, I highly recommend buying a CLYW, OneDrop, or a G squared. I’m not saying this throw can’t pull that style off, but, it isn’t really designed for that purpose. Overall, this is a definitely well made and designed yoyo. It may not be for everyone but i suggest you pick one up at least to try it out and decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

Overall rating: 9.3/10

I always like to see some photos in reviews. If you’re doing a side by side comparison with the Positron, it’d be good to see some side by side photos. Other than that, not too bad for a first up effort.

Yuki

Thanks for the review. I’ve been thinking about getting one of these…

Thanks for this. Wanting one. Might get one…this or a HOT…

I havent tried a Proton but i have tried the HOT and it is a really great throw. Plays much more expensive than it is. I would reccomend it.