YoyoFactory Turntable, coming soon...

Received my Turntable today (will post up pics later)

I tell you what, this is a really really nice yoyo. I know it’s easy for any company to label one of their yoyos as “unique”, but this really does have a one-of-a-kind feel to it. I feel like I now have a new benchmark for the word “float”… even though it sort of has a strange background solidness to it. Yep, we’re into buzzword-paradox territory already. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think feel-wise, it’s the closest that Yoyofactory have come to something like the CLYW Chief or Onedrop Citizen. Yoyofactory yoyos don’t tend to be overtly light and floaty in the way that this is. Someone said that it feels like a Titanium, and I think that’s fairly accurate. It plays closer to the light bouncyness of the Citizen than any other aluminium yoyo that I currently own… although it doesn’t have the same spin power (that’s me praising the spin of the Citizen, not putting down the Turntable).

As someone that owns a lot of yoyos by this point, I now welcome anything out-of-the-ordinary, and I think that this is a hidden gem of “different” among the waves of similar-playing aluminium yoyos out there. The raw looks sensational as well, and the price is very reasonable.

ONE THING TO NOTE HOWEVER:

Mine did come with a visible pulsing vibe. After unscrewing it and reassembling it turned from a pulsing vibe into just a bit of standard vibe. This isn’t something that bothers me in the slightest, however I know there are people out there that would get bothered by this, so I felt it worth mentioning. :slight_smile:

Regardless, it’s the most satisfied I’ve been with a yoyo purchase in a while. I see this fellow getting a lot of play time.

If you liked the feel of the Cypher, you’ll love this one even more. It’s definitely a floatier YYF, but it still has some power. It’s a unique feel, for sure. Meet my black Turntable:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5660/21890542565_5bf6d8c136_z.jpgTurntable by Total Artist, on Flickr

I have to agree with what is being said here. The Turntable is truly a fun yo-yo that has a unique feel to it. Whoever described it as like a Titanium hit it on the head. I like to find unique throws and this “special project” is just that: special. Any student of yo-yo design will need to audition this yo-yo before they draw up their next rad-design.

Pondering the physics a bit… and the Titanium factor begins to make a bit of sense. The extruding rings of material are creating a powerful spin that is greater than one would get from a solid, smooth faced yo-yo. The Titanium feel comes from the fact that this yo-yo does not have associated additional weight to give it this extended spin-time; allowing it to move and change direction faster than would be otherwise expected.

now i m just waiting for the premium colorways

ey sir! I too am waiting for premium colors.