YoyoFactory Turntable, coming soon...

im not usually a huge fan of your raps, but man, this one was on point.

1 Like

Alrightā€¦I am new here and would thus pose a question even though itā€™s most probably obvious to you guysā€¦how do you know whether somebody is a guy or a girl over here?..as in I didnā€™t know that TA was a girl till about the second page where someone referred to her as ā€œsheā€ā€¦just curiousā€¦hehe

A little off topic but you can choose to put male/female or hide it in your profile. Otherwise itā€™s a guessing game.

I wouldnā€™t really deem it relevant, unless people are on YoyoExpert looking for a date. :smiley: In my case, it has come up in topics about female throwers. I occasionally correct people who make a presumption otherwise, but often times I donā€™t. It depends on how often I have correspondence with a person. It just seems to be a waste of time for something that doesnā€™t matter that much. Other people know through someone else (the way you noticed), or maybe I met them in person at a club or contest in the past. I donā€™t consider myself one of the girls though, because Iā€™m a woman, so Iā€™m an adult too.

When I completed my profile, I think I filled out some of the more personal stuff, to the extent that the software might count me in the demographics for the site traffic. But, if there was an option to make that public, it would just seem like some sort of personal ad to me to put all that on there. I think people who want to know have other ways of figuring things out, rather than me posting it up there. Iā€™m curious about your opinions whether you think it is a good idea to put gender and age on the public profile. Basically, it just wasnā€™t my style. :wink:

Lets make a petition to make them change the name of the yoyo to The Ripple. Come On people. :smiley:

How about we make the gender post relevant and rename it ā€œboy, girl or woman?ā€

How about we stick to the topic of the thread. That being the YYF Turntable. I stuck to the topic saying they should change the name. There should be no reason to make a topic to find out if someone is a guy or girl. If they choose not to tell us in their profile, then why make a thread about it. If it was that important, YYE would make it mandatory that your gender must be show in your profile or under your name in your postā€¦
But back to being on topic of the turntable, it looks like water ripples in a pool of water, so lets have them change the name people. We got the Power.lol

The raw is a good option. But I must admit though, the blue and the black are the most boring colors they could have chosenā€¦

The philosophy behind the yoyo was meant to be deviating from the norm, so why choose such ā€˜safeā€™, unexciting and normal colors?

I donā€™t mean they should have done splash or acid wash, I mean some more interesting solids.

What a pityā€¦

1 Like

Turntable is my favorite yoyo names of all the time no need to change it.

And it matches with my company to.

But really pumped for this release.

For a fact these are already available at stores Iā€™m gonna buy one as soon u get ma money.

How does a turntable match YoYoFactorys company? Are they busting out djā€™s and having rave parties?

Iā€™m just saying, Iā€™m opinion The Ripple is a much better name, and it matches the yoyo now.

Or keep the name turntable that you favor so much and maybe it it just might play some music while its being thrown and you can rap to the beat of a record skipping. Lol

The ripple is way better name. Just my opinion though

Iā€™m saying it matches my company.

Iā€™m a shameless plug and self promoting my company. Lol.

My company is turner yoyo.co Ā©

Relax thinkh20. It was a joke about gender being important and also a joke on making the nonrelated comments mesh with the OP. my comment wasnt irrelevant since it was a joke on the name of the yoyo. no need to get upset.

As for the name, it doesnā€™t really matter what itā€™s name is. Itā€™s not gonna all of a sudden suck cause the name isnā€™t to your liking. And perhaps they had inspiration from a vinyl when designing it. Or maybe whoever designed it likes to scratch.

And in my opinion. Turntable is better. Turntables spin. Not ripples.

I dont think it matters at all as to whether somebody is male or femaleā€¦we can be identified as yoyo-ers and that is all that countsā€¦but it sure is very embarrassing when you call someone "maā€™am"repeatedly and later find out that the person is not a womanā€¦
But other than that small thing , i dont think age or gender generally matters

Sorry again for going off topicā€¦just a really bad habit of mine(looking at you Mr ThinkH2o) ;D ;D

Match the company :smiley:

So which YYF names match their company?

Genesis?

Space Cowboy?

Shutter?

TooHOT?

I donā€™t see a theme there, so it doesnā€™t seem like something YYF worries about. They pick cool names for their throws, end of story.

correct!!! A name is a name. It doesnā€™t change a product in the least. If itā€™s good itā€™s good. They can call it poo for all they care. If plays great, then thatā€™s it. Then the title really fits. Itā€™s the sh*t. Names donā€™t make great products.

Anyone jump on the turntable Aka poo yet? I know other sites have them. Really wanna try one. Wish I had the funds. Maybe when it releases here, itā€™ll sit around long enough for me to snag one.(yes I am a loyal yye shopper. Not that I buy many new)

I was just playing around as well, sorry if I came off all serious.

Rippleā€™s a wimpy name in my opinion :smiley:

What is your company?

lol yeaaah. guess your right. how about Mr. Ripples?

1 Like

whyā€™s it gotta be a guy? You implying women are wimpy?

Just joking again.

Heey, Iā€™m trying okay. Lol