YoyoFactory Tactic. (updated with pics)

Alright, this is my first review so bear with me,
I was looking for a YYF tactic review and i did not find one, but i decided to get the Tactic anyways; It was well worth it.
The Tactic came out a few weeks ago and there are not a lot of pictures other then stock pictures. I got the aqua acid and let me tell you, it looks leaps and bounds better then the stock photo. It is really cool and it looks great with my lime green string: Sorry bout quality of pictures, i took them on my cellphone :X

About me: This was my first metal, and i was transforming from an X-con worried about the whole aspect of binding. I could bind on my X-con but it got tangled really easy. I am pretty intermediate, I am on the Advanced 2 tricks in the guide currently.
The Yoyo: Its a small to medium sized yoyo, a little bit smaller then the X-con. It is very comfortable in your hand, and it has a very nice texture to the yoyo which doesnt really mean much, but it feels much better coming to the hand then my old X-con. The shape is very smooth, its the traditional butterfly shape, and once again it is very comfortable to hold and throw. The bearing is very nice and it makes a very nice sound, along with most importantly a good spin. I got the C bearing for the record. It is also very stable, it does not turn alot which is very nice compared to my X-con.
This yo-yo has definitly increased my play skill. Cold fusion always gave me some trouble with the first part when i tried to go back and forth very fast, but now i can do the whole trick fast, and very smooth. The yo-yo catches the string very nicely, and the gap is a great size. It holds a very good amount of string. The only con i have though is the Thumb grinding. I am a newer thumb grinder but i feel that its hard to keep it on your thumb for a while because of the shape, but when you do get a good thumb grind in it spins for a long time. Body grinding is great, spins great doesnt slow down.
Binding was my main concern when i was buying my first all metal yoyo.
It took about a day of getting used to, but now binding is completely normal for me. The yoyo holds alot of string and that makes it a little tougher to bind, but if you wrap a lot of string in there then it does bind, and it does not get stuck in the bind often, minimizing the amount of safety throws. I use two binds, Braintwister and Trapeze. Braintwister is really easy to bind, my Trapeze gives me some trouble, i often have to feed a large amount of string into the gap to bind in trapeze.
Summery and Conclusion: I really like my Tactic. Its extremely fun to play, and whats a yoyo for right? I would definitely recommend it, to a person who wants to up their game to an all metal unresponsive yoyo, and to an experienced player, because as i get to some harder tricks, i feel that the yoyo does not slow me down, if not make it easier. Great size and shape, fits in the pocket, easy to whip out now and again and have a good time. Great looks with the colors too.
Hope this helped you out, and you enjoyed it.
Maybe it even swayed you to get the Tactic, you will be pleased :wink:
Thanks for reading!

1 Like

nice review man, you covered everything i wanted to know…pic would be appreciated though.

Thanks for this review. It helped a lot.
I was also curious if you knew the difference between buying a Tactic with a small bearing compared to buying an large bearing. I love the green color’ed tactic, but it has a small bearing. Do you know anything about this?

The smaller bearing provides tighter binds, while the large bearing provides a large string gap, where more string can be layered in.
^^I asked the same question to yoyoexpert email and that was the answer. If it is your first metal and your not that fantastic at binding i would recommend the small bearing. I got LB and its sometimes hard for me to get it up, even though i can bind.
Hope this helped ^.^

Dang, that definitely helped but made me a little sad lol. The small bearing teal-green Tactic is my absolute favorite color, but I’d rather get a large bearing. Sigh… do you think I can just swap the bearing for a large one?
Oh, and any pictures are better than none. Either way your pictures didn’t turn out bad at all. Thanks for posting them, and thanks for all the help! :slight_smile:

dude im gettin a tictic for chrisymas and i cant wait
its gonna be my first yo-yo
(other than a yomega power spin, wich a can bearly pull off a brain twister with!)
. . . soo yeah im pumped
thanks for the review
now i really cant wait

Wonderfull first review!!! The only thing I saw was a lack of punctuation/spelling in some places. But that happens to everyone. I hope to see more reviews from you :wink:

I just wanted to say, I completely agree with this! I absolutely LOVE the color of my Tactic (I got the same color as you). It’s so incredible.

Good Review!

No you can not switch the bearing out, the yo-yos are made differently flush wise where the bearing is placed.

Okay, I thought so but I had hoped that somehow I could swap it lol. No biggie, I’ll just get another color.
Thanks for all the help stephen!!
I’m definitely getting one of these thanks to your review :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, you took the pictures with your phone, IN the camera aile?! Fail!
Jk, I really liked the review! I’m getting a Tactic soon, but after reading your review, I feel like I’ve already played with it!

hahahahah yes i was in walgreens at the picture booth, waiting for my christmas cards to be printed out lmao.

Thank you so much for that review, man! Im getting a Tactic for christmas, and I really didn’t know what it was like. You helped so much, thank you!! :D:D

Im really happy it helped ^.^ merry Christmas!