Yoyofactory Speed Dial Review

I just recently bought the Yoyofactory Speed Dial (second version) from Yoyoexpert, and I thought it needed a review of its performance.
Specs:
Weight: 64 grams
Width: 38 milimeters
Diameter: 56 milimeters
Bearing size: A (5mm by 10mm by 4mm)
Gimmick: Fully Active Starburst Technology (I’ll explain it better in the review)
Originally made in 2007 (2009 for v.2, I believe)
Despite this having the color “flaw”, the yo-yo does still play as though it had been made perfectly. This yo-yo became an instant favorite of mine, and even if it had not been discounted, I would still have bought it after playing with it. The size A bearing made me wonder how it would sleep; however, I saw no difference in the sleep time when compared to my other yo-yos’ bearings. I think the Speed Dial has a nice floaty feel to it, almost comparable to a Dif-e-yo without the weight rings installed, such as the Wide Load. It’s Fully Active Starburst response system is also quite interesting. With a simple twist of the knobs located on the hub of the yo-yo, the response is either lowered or raised, thus creating many different amounts of response. Its aluminum construction is also well done, in my opinion. It has plastic rims, adding to the float effect the yo-yo has. This yo-yo is most definitely worth the twenty dollars with the color “flaw”, and has earned a place on my shelf and in my pocket. I would definitely buy the Speed Dial, as it can grow with the yo-er, and can perform as well as more costly metal yo-yos.

2 Likes

How’s the starburst response?

It actually binds and tugs well, at least when compared to other responses, it is less slippery, if you know what I mean. I think they work quite well, almost comparable to a decent silicone response. I have had very few issues with the response. Hope this helps!

I agree i have one too and really like it. :slight_smile: