YoYoFactory Presents: 2023 Champions Collection!

YYF-Champion-NotGold

YYF-Champion-Edition-ALL copy

In 2023, YoYoFactory marked its 20th Anniversary. What had begun as a mere idea had evolved into creating some of the finest yo-yos for competitors. Along that journey, YoYoFactory unexpectedly became leaders in the field.

In homage to this pivotal part of their story, YoYoFactory faithfully recreated the designs that had clinched victory in the premier 1A division of the World YoYo Contest – designs that they had pioneered. Of course, none of this would have been possible without the extraordinary skills of those who expertly wielded them.

888 SuperStar

NorthStar Shutter

Beyong Shutter-Wide-Angle

Yo-Yos used to Win the 1A World Yo-Yo Contest:

888 - used by 2007 World YoYo Champion Yuuki Spencer
Superstar - used by 2008 World YoYo Champion John Ando
Northstar - used by 2010 World YoYo Champion Jensen Kimmitt
Shutter - used by 2014 World YoYo Champion Gentry Stein
Edge Beyond - used by 2018 World YoYo Champion Evan Nagao
Shutter Wide Angle - used by 2019 World YoYo Champion Gentry Stein

YoYoFactory’s goal is to provide today’s players with a taste of the era and the tools that had helped shape the yo-yo into what it was then. With this perspective, they aspired to contribute to the continued growth of yo-yoing, extending well beyond those next 20 years.

12 Likes

All hail Jensen securing a place for a freaking plastic yoyo in this lineup haha! Still one of the greatest moments in yoyo history IMO.

10 Likes

this is as cool as it gets

1 Like

Is the gap width on the North Star really only 2.66 mm??

That’s gotta be for a responsive setup. Maybe they just didn’t update it. Looks like it comes with a full C installed.

1 Like

I was thinking just now a C bearing itself might be even wider than 2.66 mm. I was going to say Jensen is even more a legend ha.

2 Likes

No my northstar is much wider than that unless these remakes are responsive or something…

1 Like

Actually it is doubled that hahah - There was an error on the gap width. It is 4.40mm or .17inches - Responsive version would be dope though hahah

Specs should be updated and fixed!

Sorry for the confusion!!!

:heart::yo-yo:

3 Likes

Nope unresponsive! - there was an error on our part - Just updated the specs! 4.4mm gap

Yep that makes sense. Noisy but fun throw.