888, Superstar, and Northstar by YoYoFactory are back in their original logos!

YYF-Classic-Restock

888, Superstar, and Northstar by YoYoFactory are back in their throwback original logos!

In addition to the YoYoFactory Champions collection, YYF decided to bring back these three iconic yo-yos with the original logos!

The 888 returns in the iconic Aqua along with a slick Black and Black version!

Aqua-888 Black-888

The Superstar returns in the popular galaxy color-way along with solid Grey version!

Galaxy-Superstar Grey-Superstar

The Northstar is back in Orange of course along with the popular galaxy version!

Galaxy-Northstar Orange-Northstar

12 Likes

Is the black unengraved?

Black has black engraving, old school logo though

It is engraved! - Black on Black outline - kind of hidden but a dope version nevertheless!

7 Likes

Great, was wondering what the engraving looked like as I couldn’t tell in the other picture.

Very similar to the old stealth 888

Are these northstar the ones with the better spacers. The old ones had a death grip on the bearing.

1 Like

Yeah its not the gorilla grip spacers

2 Likes

The 888 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Me waiting for yye to release Pcrash for everyone to love

Yooooo these are all dope! Congrats to the buyers!

Any word on how these 888s actually play?

In my opinion they play different from the original 07s. They weigh more so they feel heavier and aren’t as floaty, fast, or stable. Kind of reminds me of an 09 or 888x honestly but just a little lighter and no highwall. It’s still a great nostalgic yoyo though and I’m very glad they brought it back! I just wish when they said 07, they meant 07!

Edit: Just for comparison I like the new 2023 888 more than the 09 and 888x, but I prefer the original 07, Titanium 888, Legendary 888, 888.11, and 09 Classic over it. When I was directly comparing the 2023 with my 09 Classic it was no comparison. The 09 Classic was better in basically every way, (lighter, faster, more floaty, wider profile, and more stable)

1 Like

Have you tried a highwall 07 888?

Yes! The 07 highwall from my memory was extremely light and fast, i think it was only 60g when i put mine on the scale. It was a ton of fun. Even though i generally don’t like the highwalled 888s this one was an exception!

2 Likes

Was that with the stacks off?

Should be with the hubstacks on, I never took off any of the hub stacks from my 888s