The Retro YoYoFactory 888 GT!

yoyofactory-888-gt-yoyo-3

When YoyoFactory isn’t working hard to create the next world champion signature yo-yo they’re spending their time working on fun throwback projects like this one! The 888 GT!

yoyofactory-888-gt-yoyo-4 yoyofactory-888-gt-yoyo-5

The 888 GT delivers all that old school goodness you’ve been craving in one fun compact package. This is a mash up of the most popular YoYoFactory model of the late 2000s, the 888, with some new flavor blended in from the retro styled Confusion GT. The result is a hubstack equipped large bearing unresponsive yoyo. Its a lot of fun!

888gt-extra

RELEASING 11/2 @ 10AM EDT!

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/888-gt-yoyo-by-yoyofactory

2 Likes

I need those.

1 Like

I still feel this doesn’t match the spiritual design of the 888, primarily because it is not all that… organic? I’m not getting the 888 vibe from it.

It’s more like a Confusion GT, with a C bearing, and hubstacks? I have to say the Confusion GT shape didn’t really grab me the way the Confusion did, either.

Yoyofactory made a yoyo 10 or so years ago called the G555. I’m at work and don’t have a pic of it. It was a play on 888, but a G5. I think that’s all they are doing here. And the blue one is the exact color of the first run 888s.

Edit - Actually I had a pic of mine in my flickr.
DSCN3522 by lj_vegabomb, on Flickr

3 Likes

Interesting! I get zero image hits on “yoyofactory g555” so I’d be curious what that looks like…

oh awesome you added a pic… legendary :wink:

1 Like

Plus it’s the 888 “GT”…

When I took a break from buying yo-yos 10 or so years back, the 555 was the yo-yo I latched on to. I still like it, when I pick it up. I kept the G.5 in my pocket.

im so glad to be alive when yyf releases a version of the 888 that isnt $100

1 Like