Yoyofactory or Tom kuhn/ BC

I am looking for a new classic and wing shaped wooden fixed axle.
I love BC yoyos, however I have had some quality issues over the years. My first 2 rainbows and one spitfire broke in half at the axle. Two or three others have needed to be re-glued.
I have been looking at auctions for Apollo vs purchasing a new Yoyofactory legend wing.
Do I understand the YYF Legend Wing is a one-piece turned on a lathe the way old yoyos were made?
Same for the YYF Legend?
Does anyone have any experience with the Woody currently offered by Tom Kuhn?

I would recommend the yyf legend wing. Great throw for $10 even if it feels a bit too light. The quality is pretty standard for a wood throw and it’s hard to compare it to a heavier take apart throw like most BC or Tom Kuhn Yoyos. Not sure on the manufacturing process for these but I hope my input helped.

The Legend Wing is good for the price.

I hear Spinworthy wooden yoyos are OK too.

8 Likes

The light weight is what I love. It’s such a nice change of pace from metal.

There is still a one TMBR Irving in stock today.

1 Like

Is it safe to order from the Tom Kuhn site now?

Looks like the Woody only comes in classic shape. You could get the Legend Wing, and the Woody.

Spinworthy is my favorite, but he doesn’t make a classic shape that I know of. @Glenacius_K ?

The Legend Wing seems to have good quality control, but I’ve broken several.

2 Likes

I ordered No Jive axles a few weeks ago and got them in a week and a half. I knocked my Legend wing onto the street and it was fine.

2 Likes

I don’t, but I can easily. I can also make one piece yoyos too (turned from one solid block).

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get a lathe for years. Can’t talk the financial manager of my home to approve. :disappointed:
I have every other wood working tool.
Otherwise … thinking… budget for speeding on toys.

3 Likes