YoYoeXpert's Tagline

Aaaand…my work is done here!

1 Like

Take a simple toy and do amazing things with it. Seems straight forward to me.

1 Like

I agree.

I felt this thread had long ago lost any viable steam and found Hogheg’s picture post of the derailed train a fitting conclusion to an exhausted thread. Then Icthus set the locomotive back up on the tracks and set it in motion again and I’m sorry, I must respond to his comment.

Icthus, for your explanation to be understood you had to include additional nouns like “toy” and “things”, otherwise you would not have been able to communicate your thought. The reason for that is that your interpretation carries with it the supposition that the reader has been invited behind the curtain and had someone whisper in their ear, “in the phrase ‘Make the Simple Amazing’ the word ‘simple’ is a noun.” However, the word simple is not a noun is it, it’s an adjective. An adjective which does not carry with it a subsequent noun is a linguistic convolution. So your explanation is anything but “straight forward”. Rather it requires some grammatical gymnastics to take place before it can be convincing.

However it doesn’t have to be so. Let’s consider another activity, riding a bicycle. I imagine almost each and every forum participant can ride a bike. Everybody can. Certainly at the start it requires some patient guidance. I recall on my first little bike my father had put on something called “training wheels” to help me catch on to riding without hurting myself or others. After a time he removed one training wheel and later when I became proficient to the point even the other wheel was not touching the ground when I rode along he took it off as well and I was officially a bona fide biker rider. It’s simple.

This year on America’s Got Talent there was a Motocross team who rode onto stage and did leaps and backflips. They bounced back and forth over some brave saps head as he was lying on the ground. One guy hopped on the back wheel and climbed way up on top of stacked barrels and things. These daredevils were fantastic. They took something so pedestrian everyone can do it like riding a bike and performed stunts which exceeded imagination. They “Make the Simple Amazing”.

There, I have offered up a complete apologia solidifying my opponents position against mine in this debate, to the point I myself am now convinced. Let’s now all go out into Daniel Webster’s backyard, dig a very deep hole, a bury this frivolous thread.

Let me just say that you are thinking way too much on this subject. When the phrase was thought up do you think that every word was thought of as a noun or verb or adjective? I doubt it. l think it was just a thought that sounded good and that’s what they used. You picking it apart is a bit destructive and attacking to the YYE team.

1 Like

Absolutely untrue. I was extremely careful in my initial post to articulate myself in such a way as to remove the slightest possibly of such a perception. I was just introducing a thought which had been bouncing around in my head for a while in a spirit of lighthearted banter. I even stated right off the top I didn’t think the phrase was wrong or should be changed. We are just sitting around the campfire chatting here. To say any of my remarks anywhere on the forums have ever been destructive or an attack on YoYoExpert is an hyperbole beyond the pale. I am a huge advocate for YYE and strive to bolster it’s proliferation at every opportunity I am granted. I never intended this subject to be anything besides a piffling diversion. Only as I found input to be bolder did I step up my response. My last post was a full and insistent defense that the byline “Make the Simple Amazing” is an accurate and proper expression of the idea being communicated therein. I was trying very hard to defend the position that it is absolutely perfect the way it has always been, more adamantly then it had yet been stated previously. How is that an attack?

Forgive me for sounding so defensive, but I have energetically attempted to say I completely agree with the notion expressed by those who disagree with my inaugural idea. The harder I attempt to retreat from my original hypothesis and proclaim the detractors of my initial position are correct the more acrimonious are the responses back at me. Why do conversations introduced here in a spirit of jovial comradery so often deteriorate into vitriolic expressions of animosity?

I now deeply regret having ever initiated this thread. I was just trying to have fun with the notion that I myself am far to simple for yoyoing ever to be a simple activity for me. The last thing I ever intended was to instigate a firestorm of such a defensive nature. I humbly apologize to all who took strong umbrage to my flippant remarks or the fashion I have articulated my thoughts.

I don’t think this thread is a firestorm at all. It seems that we are in a decent discussion. If I come off harsh I apologize as I don’t meant to.

He’s from Oklahoma and has ginger children. He pretty much bleeds hate. (I’m making fun of Brad, not little Brad, I love little Brad)

Do you still want to be our illegitimate child?

Can this be the new tag line.

I only jest.

There was a time that I wasn’t?

Also, give Brad my number.

Once you have it written down, delete it from my post…

[quote=“BanjoSpins,post:7,topic:42053”]
…sorry I ever broached the subject.

Yep, “Make the Simple Amazing” is more enticing for those just getting introduced to the avocation.
[/quote

You know why zombies in movies say “Braaaaaaaains!!!” because “Paaaaancreaaaas!!!” Doesnt have the same ring to it