Yoyoexpert player cards?

Hello guys. I have some of old yoyoexpert player cards.

Any value for those ?

2 Likes

I recently discovered my old stack of cards. Very nostalgic.
It would depend - if anyone is seeking them out. This is the first post I’ve seen about them.

3 Likes

Would you mind posting pictures of some of them? I’d be really curious to see what they look like. Thank you in advance if you can!

12 Likes

These are really cool! I don’t know much about yoyo history, but the OD Paul Dang stands out as a really neat throwback to what most people consider to be OD’s best days.

Edit - @Augie is there a playing card for you? I know you’re a legend in the yoyo community. It would be really neat to see that one as well if there is!

4 Likes

Is he augie fash?

1 Like

Yes, it is. I just happened to see him active in a thread earlier, and watched a video of some of his performances. Seems like a really talented person who has been in the hobby for a long time.

2 Likes

I think he has his own card

It looks like you’re right! I can’t find any images of it on Google for some reason, just some mentions of it in YYE forum posts, and on this trading card checklist image. Maybe someone on here can post a picture, or Augie himself.

Thanks again for posting your collection. It is really fun stuff.

4 Likes

Hey there!

Thanks for the shout. Put a smile on my face for sure.

I’ll dig them up and post a photo tomorrow.

Or if anyone wants one, I’m not 100% sure, but I think I might have a couple extra cards in my yoyo box. If so, I’ll send you one if you’d like to message me your address.

Cheers :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Nice touch man. Wish u all the best

2 Likes

Thank you for chiming in! I hope I didn’t bother you with the mention.

The 2011 trading card would have been shortly before you joined Team Duncan, right? I am not sure on the exact dates, but I believe you were with Duncan by 2014. It’s neat seeing that you were with YYF before that!

1 Like

At the time he was in yyf. But i think after that he took a long break if i remember

3 Likes

Yup!

I was a founding member of Team YoyoFactory back in 2004.

Before that, I was on Team Buzzon for just a few months.

I was on Team YoyoFactory for almost a decade. Playmaxx/ProYo was my favorite company when I started out yoyoing in the late 90s, so it was my dream to be associated with YoyoFactory, which was started by Playmaxx alums. It was a real cool thing to be apart of, and I got to be alongside a lot of brilliant and creative people working to spread yoyo. Traveled the world at that time quite a bit too, occasionally for YYF directly, but most often for other gigs or appearances people would have me come out for. That was especially cool due to being able to meet friends from those places, vs just being a tourist. And I was also honestly quite poor, relatively speaking, so I would never been able to have afforded any of those experiences alone.

I then joined C3YoyoDesign back in 2013 or so.

I had planned on staying with C3 long-term, but just over a year or so after I joined the team, I received my first ever professional job offer, to go work for Duncan out in Ohio.

So I packed up my bags and moved from Cali to work for Duncan, who’s based out of rural Amish country, Ohio. At Duncan, I was leading their team, managing their yoyo design, doing a lot of marketing work, etc. that was both a time of growth and kind of a strange time, especially because, ironically, I found that I had less time for the yoyo community than I did before.

Then, in 2016, I left yoyo behind for quite a while to move back to California to be with my then girlfriend, now wife. Just been working on reestablishing myself back on the west coast and figuring out a career path.

Working on getting involved back in yoyo now. It was my life’s work for an awfully long time, so it’s been real awesome to be back around a lot of people I’d consider family. Feels like returning to my roots, so I’m super grateful for that.

Haha, didn’t expect to write all that, but thanks for reading! Appreciate you giving me an opportunity to take a trip down memory lane. :sunglasses:

34 Likes

Good luck in your life mate, greetings from a country you probably you never heard before in the Middle East called bahrain

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write it all. It’s really neat to be able to speak with someone so accomplished in the world of yoyoing, and hear the story of your career path directly. It must have been a really exciting moment when Duncan reached out to you with a professional job offer, but I also know firsthand how hard it can be to adjust to a corporate environment for the first time.

I wish you continued success in whatever you pursue next, including further projects with yoyos. I personally think it would be really cool to see you partner with someone for a new signature model since designs have evolved and changed so much.

3 Likes

I know Bahrain! I used to have a professional yoyo contact out there; I think it was while I worked for Duncan.

Never been there myself; closest I’ve come is the UAE, to perform yoyo in Sharjah. Hope to make it out to Bahrain someday.

Thanks for the kind words, and take care bro!!! :smile:

2 Likes

It was me your contact i guess back in the day. I think i reached out because i wanted to make a yoyo contest there. And ive been a friend to Yoyofactory to the degree they were sending stuff for me to try out before the release. I got the Yoyofactory whip and g5 like that

4 Likes

I hope we meet someday. U are welcome to visit anytime

2 Likes

Sounds like there might be two legends of the yoyo community among this thread. O.o How long have you been collecting and playing for? I hope you got the club started in Bahrain!!

4 Likes