YoyoExpert Leather Yo-Yo Holders

Perhaps you have thought of this already, but with the new OneDrop White Rally’s dropping soon, maybe you could make a bunch of two tone holders to match the White Plastic with the Colored Weight Rim. For example, White/Red, White/Green, White/Black, White/Blue. Could look really sweet and I bet they would be popular - I would certainly buy one!

-Jammer61

So I’ll admit I didn’t really like the look of these online, but seeing Andre with the white one on Saturday it looked cool - and I definitely like the shorter one. How do people find these for removing/attaching the yoyo? I’m used to rubber ones where I can just do it with one hand…

Well, it’s as easy to remove and attach a yo-yo as a rubber one, that’s for sure. To each his own on looks and style. But, I’m glad you saw it for yourself in person. You saw it modeled by the best, and he certainly wouldn’t settle for less. :wink: That particular buyer requested something shorter, specified the colors and the name stamped on it. I think I’ll have to make one for myself. I handed in the restock last weekend, and I’ll be sending in even more in about a week or so.

Greetings and a question for TotalArtist -

What is the right protocol to request a custom yoyo holder?

I had sent the following email to YoYoExpert but have not heard anything back yet:

"[i]Greetings Folks!

Recently I was given one of the new Yoyofactory Shutter color ways - labeled as Indigo with Gold Splash. It’s really more of a dark green though - my (hopefully) attached picture below is a more accurate representation than many of the web pictures.

Could YoyoExpert/TotalArtist make me a leather yoyo holder with dark greeny/blue leather if such a color exists and gold hardware to match the Shutter? I’m thinking it could look really good[/i]."

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/jammer611/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsfe84aac9.jpg

Good question. :wink: On the custom ones that I’ve done, I discuss with the buyer what might be required in a PM or email. Then, when we finalize the size and possible colors, I notify YoyoExpert, and ask the buyer to arrange the payment with the store. When the payment is made, I begin the holder process. The last one I posted was about a one week turnaround. I made the holder, sent it to YoyoExpert, and it was mailed to the buyer. I’m in the same state as YoyoExpert, so shipping only takes a a day or two from me to them.

The only problem I anticipate with the Shutter is getting the color “exact.” I’m sure I could get close, but it will definitely not be exact. I don’t own that particular Shutter, so I’d be working from a photo. You can imagine the inaccuracies that might cause.

Roger that, and thanks for the reply! Just sent you a PM to continue further. THANKS! :slight_smile:

I just sent some for a restock, so if you’re looking for a color that has been out of stock for a bit, it’s a good time to buy. I’m making another batch this week too. :wink: