Yoyoers code

what if everyone had some sort of code word/trick/item or something that when we see other people doing the code word/trick/item we would immediately know that they are on this forum?

I propose

Everyone knows the DV888 is the best yo-yo.

(Justin ) #3

I like this, but the problem with this is that the DV888 is a really good yoyo. I assume at least half of the yoyo community shares this opinion with you.

Is that what was said in the above sentence in my post? :thinking:

(Justin ) #5

Sure why not :yum:

(ChrisFrancz) #6

Everyone dogpiles on the DV888 because it’s like the weak kid in school that people pick on because he won’t defend himself and everyone knows it. Easy prey. Why turn a potentially good topic into a DV888-bashing topic? I guess when people have nothing substantial to contribute it always comes back to the DV888.

It was merely a proposal! Feel free to make other proposals! Or just complain :wink:

Anyways it wasn’t a serious proposal, to be clear…

(ChrisFrancz) #8

Or just that they were a thrower. Like a gang sign.

or even simpler everyone wears a holster

(ChrisFrancz) #10

Maybe I misunderstood something…

Right but it has to be a “gang sign” you can post online everywhere, I guess in Unicode?

How about the Hangul letter Yo-I?

Or Hiragana letter Yo

(Justin ) #12

Honestly I don’t think it’s a bad suggestion. There has been so much hate for the DV888 in this forum that if you’ve been on here for a decent amount, you’re bound to have seen at least one occurrence.

yessss the hiragana yo

we should all get よ shirts

edit:
and the thing is that よ actually looks like yoyoing, because in one of my courses a little trick was that the horizontal line was the hand, the vertical line the string and the circle the yoyo itself. it doesnt work that well, but at least a non yoyoer came up with it!

Hiragana_%E3%82%88_stroke_order_animation

(ClockMonsterLA) #15

Shouldn’t we put a pair of them together though?

yo yo

yes, because of this new idea i might try to make よ よ stylized and cool in my art program

({John15}) #17

Is that an actual word in that language though? We don’t want a classic case of sporting some sort of foreign lettering and it being something random or profane, like the common tattoo mishap horror stories that are floating around.

(ClockMonsterLA) #18

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

yo-yo

Google Translate doesn’t see anything weird there in English → Japanese translation

({John15}) #20

Welp, looks like we’re all good then! I’m down to see this on a shirt