Yoyoers code

what if everyone had some sort of code word/trick/item or something that when we see other people doing the code word/trick/item we would immediately know that they are on this forum?

3 Likes

I propose

Everyone knows the DV888 is the best yo-yo.

6 Likes

I like this, but the problem with this is that the DV888 is a really good yoyo. I assume at least half of the yoyo community shares this opinion with you.

1 Like

Is that what was said in the above sentence in my post? :thinking:

3 Likes

Sure why not :yum:

1 Like

Everyone dogpiles on the DV888 because it’s like the weak kid in school that people pick on because he won’t defend himself and everyone knows it. Easy prey. Why turn a potentially good topic into a DV888-bashing topic? I guess when people have nothing substantial to contribute it always comes back to the DV888.

4 Likes

It was merely a proposal! Feel free to make other proposals! Or just complain :wink:

Anyways it wasn’t a serious proposal, to be clear…

3 Likes

Or just that they were a thrower. Like a gang sign.

or even simpler everyone wears a holster

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstood something…

Right but it has to be a “gang sign” you can post online everywhere, I guess in Unicode?

ㆉ

How about the Hangul letter Yo-I?

よ

Or Hiragana letter Yo

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think it’s a bad suggestion. There has been so much hate for the DV888 in this forum that if you’ve been on here for a decent amount, you’re bound to have seen at least one occurrence.

yessss the hiragana yo

we should all get よ shirts

edit:
and the thing is that よ actually looks like yoyoing, because in one of my courses a little trick was that the horizontal line was the hand, the vertical line the string and the circle the yoyo itself. it doesnt work that well, but at least a non yoyoer came up with it!

1 Like

Hiragana_%E3%82%88_stroke_order_animation

1 Like

Shouldn’t we put a pair of them together though?

yo yo

2 Likes

yes, because of this new idea i might try to make よ よ stylized and cool in my art program

Is that an actual word in that language though? We don’t want a classic case of sporting some sort of foreign lettering and it being something random or profane, like the common tattoo mishap horror stories that are floating around.

3 Likes

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

yo-yo

1 Like

Google Translate doesn’t see anything weird there in English → Japanese translation

1 Like

Welp, looks like we’re all good then! I’m down to see this on a shirt