Yoyo topics you would be interested in?

Interested in seeing if any of you amazing people have any good ideas for YouTube content. What do you think YouTube is missing in the yoyoing niche? What kind of content would you enjoy watching? Any specific topics /video ideas let me know. A little more about me… I’m a filmmaker as a career (mainly as a music video director | www.theycallmecotton.com) , so I’m very experienced in content creation (my main channel theycallmecotton has 40,000 subscribers) which should be pretty obvious if you have watched my videos. I’m just trying to help move the yoyo community forward and bring more awareness to this amazing hobby. We need more amazing content on YouTube from many different creators. Let’s bring yoyoing back to the spot light. I work with a lot of famous artists on music videos and plan on getting yoyos into some of their hands for some videos. I think a lot of high quality /consistent content could do alot of good.

6 Likes

Having a famous musician spark a 1000$ yoyo would be a sure hit!!!

3 Likes

This is true!!

Yo-Yo Trick History. Doc Lucky’s YoYo Talk covers more about Yo-Yos pre the modern area. Since the Unresponsive boom happened so fast, it would be cool to see more of that history . Though Sector Y and Glasseye did this while it was happening, it would be cool to see more retrospective epically since it is getting close to 20 years ago. AYYA: 10 Years and Throwing - The Unreleased Documentary is still a much watch for the modern era. Maybe even a retrospective of just the last 10 years. World on a String is also now over 10 years old.

2 Likes

I’m going to check this stuff out! Thanks

I think a joke video about the history of banger tricks would be good.

3 Likes

Very cool to learn about your background in film making, that explains the high quality of your videos! Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Really appreciate that

Since the Shutter has hit 100,000 units maybe , “The Rise of the Shutter, the @Gentry_Stein Story”

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!

1 Like

Couple years ago the Shutter topic created some contention, as it was listed in the Top 5 Yo-Yo to revolutionize yoyoing.

3 Likes

I didn’t know the shutter was that big of a deal dang. 1 of the 5 that’s really cool

I would like to see Billie Eilish with a yoyo in a music video. Make it happen!

1 Like

I’d like to see a documentary following the hobby through the big boom in the 90s

3 Likes

Idk if I can get to Billie lol

2 Likes

She makes music?

1 Like

But she’s another level of famous :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

2 chainz sure, Billie? Idk about that…

1 Like

To people under 20 years old maybe… 2 chains would be a much better video I’d actually watch that and I’d bet more people know who he is that are functional adults

2 Likes

I’d like your take on bearings.
Lot of content in several ways there.:+1:

1 Like