Yoyo to life ratio

Something just hit me the other day. Thankfully it wasnt my yoyo. I have almost been yoyoing for half of my life (roughly 10-11 years). Its crazy to think it’s been that big of a part of my life. How about you guys, what ratio of your life have you been a yoyoer?

9 Likes

Since 1972 …so way more than half my life!

9 Likes

Have you been yo-ing your whole life?
Not yet.

6 Likes

For me, 1996 into maybe 2000 during the boom…returned in 2010 and have been at it since! I’d say right now, about 1/3 of my life.

3 Likes

Technically I guess I started yoyoing in the late 80s/early 90s w a Midnight Special which would be like 3/4 of my life but I only really started to dig it in 98 or so which would be right at 1/2. :slight_smile:

Wow I feel old.

8 Likes

from 1999 when I got my first yoyo that’d be 77%, from fall 2006 when I found the community it’d be 51.5%

1 Like

Half my life now :slight_smile: started yoyoing 12 years ago. Im 24 now lol.

3 Likes

3.24%

6 Likes

1/3,(Since August 2009;)

2 Likes

3:50

4 Likes

just over half (i’m
in my 40s), but took a hiatus after college…

6 Likes

I started in '97 and played fixed axle and responsive up until '00.
Then I picked up responsive again from '16 to '18 and used yoyo to quit smoking (successfully too, 4+ years nicotine free now!)
Recently, I took the dive into unresponsive in the Fall of '20 and am properly hooked!

I’ve learned more tricks over the past 3-4 months then I did during my first 3-4 years. Videos on the internet are way easier to follow than the paper trick instructions of yester-year. It’s also nice to have the support of an online community.

So, just over 10% of my life (so far) with no plans to drop out anytime soon :smile:

4 Likes

This thread is like those grade school word problems where you have to figure out how old everyone is.

5 Likes

~15 years on and off and I’m 30 so…

5 Likes

no joke my earliest memory is my mom buying me a Walmart avengers yoyo that lit up right before my 3rd birthday when I was two. Im am dead serious about this too. I didn’t really get into yoyos intel I was 9 then to a break right after that and I sometimes would pick up my n11 but I didn’t get into learning more advanced tricks intel I was 13, so almost half my short life.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Ehhh… Only about 6% of my life.

5 Likes

I’ve been yoyoing for about 2.8% of my life.

4 Likes

I can’t remember… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes