Yoyo that makes you want to throw

Inspired by the “would you still yoyo without a nice yo-yo” and “favorite to learn on” posts.

What yo-yo makes you want to yoyo? Like you just can’t wait to grab it again or once you start you can’t put it down. It might be your favorite overall or it might just be the one you gravitate to most atm.

Mine right now is the Good Life Gulch. It’s not my longest spinning yo-yo, it’s not the fastest playing yoyo, and it’s not my favorite in my collection (Breeze rep) but I’ve been reaching for it the most lately.

What yoyo makes you want to throw the most?

7 Likes

Grasshopper GTX

6 Likes

2018 AL7 Banshee
Duncan Pro Z (lol mainly for the nostalgia factor)

1 Like

I’ve been using my GTX a lot lately too. Very addicting feel to it. Every movement the yoyo makes feels rock solid and elegant (even if it was the completely wrong move haha).

2 Likes

Komodo

2 Likes

Protostar!

4 Likes

This answer definetely varies for me. Recently it has been the TiVayder. I picked up the new world champion version of the wide angle and its been great. Several One Drops make me want to throw. The MC, Parlay, Terrarian, and Virtuoso. My Wildfire and Akita, my MOWL Obsession, my Civility. So many. The Doc Pop Icarus and Weekender. I think the variety makes me want to throw. I wish I was the kind of person that just had one and loved it. But I’m not that person.

8 Likes

Yeah, same here.

I have so many yoyos that I like, any one of them will inspire me to start throwing. But which one it is at any given moment varies depending on my mood.

2 Likes

Delrin Wedge has been the yoyo I’ve been grabbing to take places the most the last few weeks.

Same here!

My Küntosh for sure. Man I love that thing.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s the string too. I threw on a cumulus foam to my TopDeck with flat bearing. It’s what I keep picking up now.

For me, it’s the SF L. It’s so light and floaty, so it makes throwing super chill and carefree.

1 Like

It goes in cycles for me. I’ll get addicted to a throw for a week or so and then usually change it up. Recently it’s been the Virtuoso. I haven’t liked a monometal in a long time, but somehow my awareness and feel for the string and yoyo are heightened with it. It’s also extremely smooth, effortlessly controllable and floaty.

4 Likes

Richardrunner and my Parlays.

1 Like

Do you have a standard WA to compare to? In another thread someone told me they really liked the Champ version and it felt unique. YYF also responded to me asking on Instagram that it will probably be the production model going forward

1 Like

Whatever yoyo I just spent money on

8 Likes

I do. I compared them in the what did you get in the mail thread. Essentially the overall yoyo feels identical. However there is a slight change in the weight and that is all un the rims. You can see it when side by side the slight difference. In play you can notice it. I like it because it has a slight bit more power but nothing to write home about. But it does feel like it moves through the air with a little more power and maybe slower. I’m sure it is not drastic but noticable. Again nothing that changes the course of the Wide Angle. But in my opinion a slight improvement.

1 Like

All I throw is my Iceberg. If I’m having one of those sessions where I can’t hit anything I’ll throw my Shutter or my bi-metal Superstar. That rarely happens though. Those are the only throws on my radar(I think everything else is plastic).

1 Like

For me it’s been the Ti-Vayder since I got it.

3 Likes