Yoyo string length

I cut @ 2" above naval as you previously said. Probably just as much habit as preference, but much shorter doesn’t feel as relaxed. If I wanted speed for some reason I’d go shorter.

2 Likes

im 4"10 and i use deep part of abdomen/ semi- chest length. I find a lack of creativity, space and spin time with inch above belly button length. It’s all about preference.

2 Likes

Oddly, probably due to my bad throw, I seem to get a stronger throw off the shorter string I’m using now

1 Like

:scream:

It was my beloved AL7 Banshee lol /sigh.
On a good note…I honestly wasn’t all that upset about it (or the chip it got!). It still plays glass smooth and I no longer worry so much about trying to keep it in mint’ish condition.

2 Likes

Dont bash me (joking) but I dont cut my strings at all. Just taking a kittystring out of the box and play it works perfectly fine for me.

1 Like

I never used to cut strings until I saw videos on it.
But then again the yonation highlights (bulk poly) that I used to use was never that long and only needs 1~2 inches off.

But I find the Kitty strings comes super long!

Blueprint strings I find comes really short (although they don’t make them anymore) and didn’t need cutting

I’m 6’4” and was using Sochi string uncut for the longest time until my 1st peak 2 hit concrete :frowning: Now I cut all my strings.

2 Likes