Yoyo Statuettes-Future Sale?

Those of you that know me, have probably realized I like to create stuff, and I am always trying to hustle a buck. I have repurposed tin boxes into yoyo cases, turned an old box fan into a display, made wooden display/carry cases, I have dipped my toes into string making, holster making, begleri making, even footbag making. I recently made skill toys for minifigures and designed a printable 3d tool.

Now, I am trying something else: Polymer clay statuettes molded with my own hands. I created a stick figure style statuette called the Thrower and what I am calling an OYOY (see images for a back story).

The ones pictured are not available for sale (the one with the red nose was a one time only design). They are my prototypes, and have a few flaws that the ones I sell will not.

I have learned in this economy, it is hard to sell stuff, so before I invest anymore money or time I wanted to see if there was any interest.

Pricing:

The OYOY statuette would be $25 and is approximately 4” tall

The Thrower statuette would be $18 and runs between 3-3.5” tall

These prices are G&S and shipped with insurance in CONUS.

Some Details:

No two will be exactly the same. There are many colors options for the clay, but the black on the OYOY will stay black as that is part of the the species design, with the eyes painted white. Most likely the yoyos will be made from silver nuts and black grub screws. The purple Thrower’s yoyo is a little smaller than what will be used on the final product. The string is actual yoyo string, only much smaller and I have a few color options to be chosen by the buyer later. The yoyo is repositionable, and due to shipping, will need to be positioned upon arrival. The string is also completely removable and can be made with or without the “fingerloop”. Each one will be stamped with a number and my initials on the bottom of the feet. Also, each color of the OYOY will get its own name. This tealish one will be called Geminix. And one made from the purple clay would be named Saco.

So any interest? Questions?

4 Likes

The idea for the OYOY is way too cool. Love these man

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks!!!