Yoyo Related things in Santa Ana, CA?

Hey gang. Taking the wife and kid to California the second week of May. Staying in Santa Ana but happy to drive up to an hour for yoyo stuff. Will also be at Universal LA and Lego Land, so anything around those would also be cool. Looking for brick and mortar stores that sell yoyos and/or a meetup happening on Sunday May 8th?

Let me know! Would love to meet some fellow throwers!

2 Likes

Damn! I’m traveling for work around that time. I live and work near there, and would be super down to meet up if I was in town.

The only brick and mortar store I know of thats even near there is a toy store in the “Shops at Mission Viejo”, which is a 25-45 minute drive south from Santa Ana. There could be more, but thats the only one I’ve found lol, theyve got a solid collection of Duncan yoyos which surprised me.

Hi Chris, would love to meet you. There’s DXL Worldwide that meets every month on a Sat or Sun (run by Michelle and Justin Dauer). @Chriscatastrophe @SR1 and other throwers that are great throwers and people show up (along with Justin and a ton of incredible yoyo artists). If that coincides with your trip, please go. If not, just message me when you’re here. I’ve never been to the toy store in Mission Viejo, but I’d be happy to bring the family and meet you there. My kids are young and have never been in a toy store other than Target iirc.

2 Likes

Hey, I didn’t know there was a store with yoyo stock in MV. That’s cool, not that I need another yoyo lol. Would love to see you at DXL sometime, too. It’s fun.

3 Likes

Nice! I’ll definitely hit you up when we get there. Might also hit up Justin and Michelle to see if they’d be willing to schedule it for the 8th.

2 Likes

Michelle reminded me that 5/8 is Mother’s day! Whoops. So the DXL meet will likely be the day before we get in. Oh well.

1 Like