Yoyo related names for pets?

Ivan beat me to it. My first thought was Kwijibo, so, now, the next pet my family gets will be named Kwijibo, and, the pet after that will be Boulay :wink:

4 Likes

Agreed, Kwijibo is such a good name. Eli, short for Eli Hops, is extremely appropriate. Butterfly, because it sounds like a rabbit name in a Disney movie and it also fits the bill here. Antiyo, because if you ever find another human and they recognize where the name came from, you have a friend for life. Bolt, because they named the dog that in that movie and it matches docpop’s yoyo name. Steve Brown, because it would just be funny to say, stop sh*tting everywhere Steve Brown!

Still leaves two names, maybe go with silicone and bind?

3 Likes

If there is a really lively female, I would call her Tessa.

4 Likes

Gentry

4 Likes

Stein

4 Likes

They’ve arrived! Say hello to Athens and her lovely babies: Duncan, Andre Boulay, Markmont, Eli Hops, Tessa, Butterfly, Kitty and Kwijibo! Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

16 Likes

Eli hops is a brilliant name for a rabbit

Cute litter, hope they all grow up big n strong :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Any updates on the little bunnies? Hope they’re doing well!!

4 Likes

This doesn’t really have anything to do with yoyos, but once I convinced a friend of mine to name his dog Grandma. For the only reason that you can sometimes say funny things like:

“Dammit! Grandma peed on the floor again!” And “I can’t do lunch today, I have to take Grandma in for a flea shot”

When she gets loose it’s fun to walk around the neighborhood yelling “Graaaandma! Grandma come here, girl!”

And when you end up putting her down after a long happy life, you can get some time off from work to grieve by telling them you had to put Grandma to sleep. You might get a funny look though.

6 Likes

Hold on…I need to go put Grandma back in her Kennel!

Can you go grab me Grandma’s leash? Time for her daily walk!

Silly Gradma. Out digging holes in the yard again!

DAMN IT GRANDMA! How many times I gotta tell you? NO POOPING ON THE CARPET! >:(

4 Likes

Or you can use the classic spelling, Kwyjibo.

2 Likes

you could name it ‘dog’, after ‘walk the dog’

3 Likes

Thanks for asking! They’re doing well, didn’t stay in shelter for too long, and are currently in a foster home with mom as they’re still of nursing age. Should be back at 8 weeks old for a check-up and will likely become available for adoption :smiley:

4 Likes

“Sleeper” would definitely work for a cat. Sleeping is their superpower.

5 Likes

Hilarious!!!

3 Likes

Small rabbit update!

Since these buns were named after yoyo related things I thought it’d be cool to give away some yoyos with each adoption so i reached out to Zero Gravity knowing about their giving program.

Huge shoutout to @jeduardo for the yoyos and for running such a cool charity program to spread and ignite interest in the hobby.

The buns came into the shelter for a checkup, they’re all healthy and some are already on hold for adoption!

(after they get surgeries, please spay and neuter your pets)

5 Likes

In defense of cats…

Why do cats snooze so much?

Never one to be accused of an overly active lifestyle, most cats sleep an average of 15+ hours per day. But this sleep is somewhat different than our own. In fact, about three-quarters of their sleep might better be described as snoozing.

This semi-alert slumber has its roots far from the safety of your window sill and all the way back to the pre-domestication days. Cats, like most animals in the wild, needed to be continuously vigilant about predators. To help stay both rested and alert throughout the day, our four-legged friends developed an ability to stay in this light-sleep state for hours at a time.

You can tell when a cat is snoozing because their ears will twitch and rotate toward noises and their eyes may be slightly open. Moreover, a cat can attain this kind of sleep when they’re sitting up, and their sense of smell and hearing can remain active during most of their sleep.

4 Likes

I often use this exact technique when driving long distances.

Ivan