YoYo Progression Tracker

It’s only gonna be less active if you now have your own thread

1 Like

Maybe we try and start a new thread? One that would motivate more people to post tricks?

Hmmmmmmmm🤔

1 Like

what you think?? some kind of special incentive to post tricks

1 Like

I’m thinking haha
…why not? Maybe a fresh thread will help

1 Like

yeah lets brainstorm. Maybe we could start something awesome

Hm i think we’re not gonna achieve anything. We have threads here were you can submit your new interpretations of an old trick and then a winner would be randomly chosen. That winner would win a 100$ YYE gift card and a mystery yoyo. And even with money involved this thread wasn’t very actice. If not even money can get people to post tricks then I don’t know what will.

1 Like

but thats kind of like trick creation and not tricks you learned from someone else. Not everyone is good at creating

1 Like

You’re right

1 Like

Bro I have no idea

I have to be honest, for me, I get much more excited and motivated to watch new stuff (or even variations) over someone posting a trick they learned from someone else.

1 Like

The more tricks and elements that you learn from other people (the deeper your bag of tricks), the easier it will be to create your own tricks and spins on other tricks. If you watch the video in this thread where I learned yukis triangle combo and then watched my newest video where I dissected elements from that trick and created my own trick using some of the elements. Right now I’m in the process of learning as many peoples tricks that I enjoy, so my bag is deep and I know many elements, so eventually when I really start creating. . The possibilities will be endless because I worked on all of the necessary fundamentals. Right now I am no expert, just in the process of training to be one. I want to be one of the greats one day. Right now I’m just building a solid foundation and documenting the process/ progress. Can’t wait to look back in a year and see how much I’ve grown.

Any ideas how we could get more people to post tricks? Other people’s tricks or created ones? Can’t figure out why there isn’t much yoyo videos on the forum

By pressing on your profile picture I have the option to filter out posts that were not made by you. You can click on my profile picture and then press the “10 posts in this topic” button and then you will only see the posts made by me. So if I wanted to follow your progress I just have to head over to the tricks thread and then use this function.

1 Like

Is this really a feature? I didn’t know that. I will continue to use that thread

1 Like

Yep you can filter posts by people. Did you try it? It’s a neat feature

1 Like

I just seen it! Didn’t know about that

1 Like

Don’t get me, wrong it’s a worthy goal and a nice idea! I’m just saying that it may be an uphill battle if others are like me and much more interested in new content. I think as individuals many of us think a lot like you do. The challenge would be generating enough interest in the documentation of the journey, at least a collective endeavor.

I believe a lot of it has to do with all of the extra steps involved. It’s one thing to sit around and learn and create, but a whole other to record, edit, and post. This is a big one for me.

Also, the unfortunate downside of social media causing us to judge ourselves against others. We’re often scared we don’t stack up. Again, I’m speaking from personal experience. If you read my description in my IG trick for this month’s remix, you’ll see me even allude to that. I was debating whether my trick was even worthy of being posted.

The classic remix helped me on both counts. it gave a deadline, the chance a random selection prize, and a look at others of all levels posting. As @anon14765792 mentioned, even still, the participation is limited.

I guess I more explained the hurtles than ideas to get people more involved. Maybe that will help with ideas, though?

2 Likes

Your tricks look fantastic to me!

1 Like