Yoyo name?

I gave this girl a yoyo a few weeks ago and the next day at school she says it’s name is Albert. I have yoyoed for 4-5 years, owned quite a few yoyos, and never named one (that I remember at least).
So the question at hand is: do you name your yoyos? If so what? How did you get the name?

I have yet to name one… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have 82 yoyos all named Melissa

I’ve nicknamed a few of my yoyos, mainly my favorites. My German Edition Firrox I nicknamed “Charmander” and I nicknamed my Blizzard “Articuno” Bonfire is nicknamed “Bonnie.” Yea, kind of crazy giving your yoyo “pet names” but at the same time it’s fun :slight_smile:

I believe it’s a girly thing, like naming cars etc.

I like to call my Gradient by the name “Gradient” because it reminds me of a gradient and because it says “Gradient” on the side

I do believe so.
Never done it to a yoyo, but my PC, laptop and motorcycle all has names.
Maybe I’m girly on some angle.

I called my half green half purple Big Dipper “Pentima”. I don’t know why, but I did.

:smiley: This is such a funny thread.

Good :wink: it’s always good to get a smile when reading the forum pages

Please tell me you haven’t been stalking a girl named Melissa…

I name my onedrop t1 peter, because it is a very large yoyo. and my cat name is peter. and my cat is very fat/large aswell.

My airsoft rifle is named Jessica for no reason, never named a yoyo though…

Which yoyo did you give her?

He gave her an Albert…:nerd_face:

1 Like

I’ve named my CODE 2 YYE edition splash ‘Crescent Rose’ because it has the same color scheme as one of the weapons in RWBY of the same name.

Kinda. I have two Shutters that look exactly the same. I call the one I leave at work “Workplace Shutter,” to differentiate it from the one I leave at home. I’m not sure if that counts, because it’s not a name that I might give to a pet or a human being. I’m known to use props to make my yo-yos look like people, so that might be even weirder. Meet PrinceYo (RIP):

Exactly :wink:
Well I had too many Ti Walkers laying around so I gave her one of those ;D just kidding… It was the classic I had for sale a while back.