Yoyo Insurance

My house - insured.
My motorcycle - insured.
My cat - not insured, but it could be.

So… Yoyo insurance? Is it a thing?

Does anyone insure their large collections?

Is it possible to insure them?

Just a thought I was pondering…

4 Likes

It would go through your Homeowners or Renters Insurance. You would declare their value like you would Jewelry, Art, Guns and other Family heirlooms. Pending on your insurance, its an add on, or you can only claim to a cap percentage. Another reason to keep an inventory on some type of spreadsheet.

10 Likes

I got my hands insured for $350, my yoyo skill level

3 Likes

I am a property claims rep for a living . if you have items with collectors value there is a policy sublimit on every policy that I know of. Most carrier will allow for endorsements that will be an add on to increase the overall collectible limit or you can have the items individually endorsed.

If there are items that dont have collector value it is probably not something worth insuring.

6 Likes

Valuable Personal Property (VPP) Insurance. It’s a thing. Like some of the others said, jewelry…musical instruments…anything expensive. I would imagine you could say that your yoyo collection is valuable personal property.

It’s not hard or anything, but with most insurance companies - there’s a deductible. Just be sure the deductible and monthly insurance premium makes sense for what you want to insure.

You can also put a “rider” on your policy for a specific item. I have one for a bunch of watches, my wife’s purses, recording equipment, and mountain bikes. To me, the additional premium cost is worth it, and I’ve claimed several things over the years. My specific policy has a zero deductible.

Check it out, might be worth it!

9 Likes

Its always smart to ensure your significant other :upside_down_face:
:joy::joy::joy: kidding buddy, couldn’t help it

2 Likes

I might need to up the insurance, at least on the right

2 Likes

Does anyone actually have their collection insured though?

I mean, it’s a nice thought, but I’d be curious if anyone has actually done it. :thinking:

1 Like

If I ever buy a yoyo that as much as my wedding band or my collection becomes more than my wife’s ring I’ll probably try insuring it under personal property insurance with the rings.

Yoyo insurance is deff a thing haha. My collection is insured by USAA. I have certain throws on scheduled coverage and the rest on a blanket policy under my homeowners policy!

Edit: I work in insurance and if anyone has questions or needs help doing this please hmu, im happy to help!

5 Likes

smart move. i had mine accounted for under my homeowners insurance

1 Like