Yoyo Boomers Club

I like SE better even in the winter time. It takes a bit longer to break in but it seems to last a lot longer in my experience.

3 Likes

Steve! Congrats granddad! That’s so exciting man. I’m keeping your family in my thoughts. Stoked for you and your daughter!

4 Likes

Oh that’s good to know. Figured I’d use it on my fixies with defined response dimples. They’ll break that string in real fast.

3 Likes

Take what I say with a grain of salt. Haha. I’m always a bit nervous describing anything about yoyo for fear someone will disagree and call me out. Hahaha

4 Likes

WRONG!! SIR!!! WRONG!!!

2 Likes

I was referred to the club by G2 Jake

7 Likes

This may have already been answered, but when you order these do they come as a pair or single sticker?

6 Likes

A single sticker

7 Likes

I’ve got my first grandson today. Not allowed to post pics or give personal info. But he is human. :grin:

9 Likes

The fact that you specifically and explicitly mention the fact that he’s human, makes me think maybe he’s not human :eyes:

3 Likes

Boomer Participation Trophy Update - FAF Week 1

Akyoyomike
Ardeus
Canspin65
Captrogers
ENGLISH_TEA
Errant.Giraffe
FirebornMuse
GnarlyCharlie
Joe77
Overtinkering
rkalajian
Slestak75
Son-of-Morris
TryCatchThrow
Veedo
Yodaddyo
yoyoyoga

Please double check me? If you posted a video in FAF Week 1 and are not on this list, let me know.

11 Likes

Pay no attention to the “man” behind the curtain.

3 Likes

Now that we’re back, I’m gonna have to gear up for week 2!

7 Likes

"I would like to be a Member​:pray::yo-yo:

5 Likes

Thanks @rkalajian!
Got the club holos on one of my cases, they look great!
And my super important snail is up on my work whiteboard, haha! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

LOVE IT! Nothing beats a good snail :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Club.

7 Likes

Additional Workhorse feedback for record:

I know we’ve been a little more pre-occupied with FAF and MRM coming up, but just wanted to put some input in here.
Steve was kind enough to send me a 4mm and 3mm bearing and some shims to test out on the Workhorse.

3mm with Shims - Fun but restrictive, makes it more loop friendly but that’s a small niche and not quite as rounded
4mm - Also fun, more enjoyable than the 3mm, great for a little more response and closer walls for easy stall stability. For me personally, it was a neat option to play around with, but a little TOO closer to a fixie in play, as I tend to like a little more near the semi-responsive realm, and the smaller gap naturally made it float more towards heavier response.
5mm - I still think this is the sweet spot, can stall really well due to the design, can make it more responsive if you want by playing with the lube, but still pushes closer to 1A and more intricate tricks.

My 2cents from a testing perspective. This was also with the smaller O-rings in the further from center groove, for reference.

7 Likes

You pretty much nailed it. I found that if you add a single .01 shim with the 4mm it removes just the right amount of snap to send it back to a nice semi-responsive and adding 2 shims goes very semi to somewhat unresponsive. I’ve been playing mine with a dry 4mm bearing and no shim and I just love it. I also found that after the pads wore a tad the response got super sweet. I’m still feeling like shedding a few grams wouldn’t hurt and I was also wondering what going bi-metal with something like this would be like. Maybe call it the Race Horse!!:smiley: Anyways, yet again, the shape and feel and size is just such a sweet spot for me. I had been wanting to share that but as Morris pointed out…FAF and all. :heart::heart:

5 Likes

The only trick I can even get this week is the DON stall but I can’t get enough spin out of the regen to get it back in my hand. I am landing it properly though, just need to work a tad more slack in there. One more day!!:smiley::smiley:

4 Likes