Yoyo Boomers Club

I’m so burnt out this week I was trying last weeks even though I knew I missed those while I was at the hospital. Maybe by next week I’ll have my head on straight (I’m not fooling anyone with that).

5 Likes

Same here this week has been something

4 Likes

So this came up in another thread. Felt it was fitting here in the club. Thoughts?

Fixed Axle is a Type of Yoyo without a bearing/Transaxle. The style of play most associated with when playing Fixed Axle is 0A.

Unresponsive is a Type of Yoyo with a bearing that does not respond without a bind. Most people associate this with 1A play style. Current default yoyo for Meta Play.

Responsive is a Bearing Yoyo that will Respond/Return without a bind. Before Unresposive Designs in the mid-2000s this was the Meta of Yoyo. Also mainly associated with 1A Style.

Modern Responsive; A Bearing Yoyo that is Responsive; However (Subjective), The design of this type of yoyo lends itself to split Styles and play between 0A and 1A. These yoyos typically have higher walls for stalls, Narrower in width than “Standard” 1A yoyos. But can spin long enough to enjoy the 1A style tricks that fixies struggle with.

The bain of my/our existence is our subjectiveness to this “Modern Responsive” definition and the Yoyoer’s Opinion. We are defining the Yoyo by a Style of Play that is personal to each individual.

We have a lot of Yoyos available on the market that fall into this niche. Some lean more towards 0A while others lean more toward 1A. But this is also the beauty behind this designation; you should be able to find a Great Yoyo that fits your style of play in the realm.

“Your” perfect modern resposive will play “Your” style of 0A and 1A.

9 Likes

My simple thoughts are someone will still try to argue their interpretation is right thus proving your point above further yet they won’t see the irony.

Otherwise I agree with that sentiment Cody.

3 Likes

Hipsters?? Can’t have that.

1 Like

Have to agree as well as I also found myself what makes a yoyo a 0a/Modern Responsive yoyo as opposed to just a yoyo with a responsive bearing. Obviously Fixie and Modern Responsive are very similar trick-wise. I’ve been keeping both a fixie and a bearing high wall responsive in my pocket this month and been bouncing back and forth between the two (lookin’ right at you, Deep State and Duncan Butterfly).

3 Likes

Happy Birthday

3 Likes

Thanks! Definitely feeling that 39 year old yoyo boomer in me :smiley:

1 Like

MRM WK1 Format Test

Week 1 Kickoff! Welcome to Modern Responsive March (MRM) with the YoYo Boomer Club!

Hey Tech-Savvy Throwers and Digital Dynamo’s! We hope you enjoyed FAF as much as we did, but now it’s time to update our throws and jump ahead in time a little at 88 mph with 1.21 gigawatts of power!

Are you ready to kick off Modern Responsive March (MRM) in style with the YoYo Boomer Club? We’re going Hollywood! Get ready to sit back and relax, as we dive into the digital era of yo-yoing because we’re about to launch an epic journey into the future of responsive yo-yo play!

It’s time to level up your game with a touch of modern magic! One Drop of this event will put you in a Deeper State of being. Prepare yourselves for some great tricks, entertaining times, and fun prizes. Same great feel of FAF, but modernized. Let’s kick off this month in style!

We hope you will enjoy this DeLorean like leap of entertainment. So charge up your devices, sync your throws, and let’s dive headfirst into the modern revolution of yo-yoing!

“Where we’re going, we don’t need roads….but we do need Merch!"

GreatScott…It’sABearing!

10 Likes

I do truly applaud the originality and the clever way that you distributed so many well thought out tie ins. You, sir, seem to be just steeped in old timey references. I love it. Yet another HUGE shout out to you and everyone that has been involved in making this a super fun event!! Seeing all of the participation, and watching ALL of the videos has been amazing. Seeing the community draw closer as a result is a great bonus. I feel like; contests aside, having the opportunity to be involved in this moment in time makes us all winners.
Some of you make this style look so amazing and many who are learning have shown such excitement and enthusiasm in their videos, even though they express that they went through much frustration to get to that point. Getting people into a new bubble to try something different was one of the largest reasons that the Club decided to take this on, and it has been no disappointment at all. Seeing so many jumping in and trying this out, and knowing that your hard work helped to make it happen, will hopefully bring great satisfaction to you all. So, in closing, I’ll take this opportunity to say…YAAAAAYYY!!!

4 Likes

Nailed it! :slight_smile:
And thank you, I enjoy this, and I try to keep it fun for all!

7 Likes

As of right now, we do Not have any “Guests” or Celebrities for MRM.

One thought we have been leaning towards is trying for a chill vibe. FAF after party?

That doesnt mean we wont have a Guest Trick, but at this point, we have no volunteers.

6 Likes

Ok, no worries, I will cut that part out and tweak, thanks for letting me know! (Done)

2 Likes

Thought this was a funny analytic from the IG page seeing as how we are the Yoyo “Boomer” Club.

12 Likes

If we really cared about the age analytic. This is not surprising!

1 Like

youtube skews a tad younger. also its sad the stats all skew male so hard but i guess that not unexpected.

1 Like

Dude, I thought I was the only one

2 Likes

Have we started taking volunteers for filming tutorials for MRM? I wouldn’t mind giving it a go now that I’ve gotten ever so slightly more comfortable filming and editing.

6 Likes

We are still finishing the trick list pop over to the discord and say hi. We would love the help

5 Likes

Would absolutely love more involvement.

3 Likes