Yoyo Boomers Club

I didn’t play yoyo when my kids were born but I did play Destiny and learned to hold both a baby and a controller very solidly.

I can only imagine trying to shoot moons to rock the baby to sleep :joy:

5 Likes

I remember holding my first-born when she was sleeping while playing my DS!

2 Likes

I’ll Rock the baby while rocking the baby

1 Like

Since @Captrogers was throwing at the beach, I too threw…. At the beach. I got a knot trying new stuff. I told my oldest daughter I’m just going to change strings. She said that’s so lazy :joy:

The case fits 4 loopers, lube and string.

9 Likes

Haha I just got home from the beach with my butterfly! :joy:

13 Likes

ATTN BOOMERS:

If you ordered a v2 Workhorse and end up playing it with the included Throw-Yo string, please take pics/videos and send them to me please!

Also, get more BETTER Woody Wagon Stain Ethers here:

These are similar to what came with your Proto, but are now made to be easier to string up and are a bit softer.

9 Likes

Wore my Higby YYBC hat out on a bike ride to the book store. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. 2 people this time. Pretty sure people think it’s some super niche street wear brand lol.

10 Likes

I mean…it IS a super niche streetwear brand!

4 Likes

V2 Workhorse:

First impressions. It’s pretty much everything I was hoping for, haha!

The V1 was already amazing, and I knew there were tweaks we were looking for. Jake nailed them and then some. I’m actually impressed about how different this feels while keeping that base spirit, in all good ways.

Weight is a sweet spot for me as-is without any rings, super smooth, even more comfy in the hand, great response. Can easily shuffle through 0A/1A-ish tricks and stall based play on the fly while mid-throwing, still loops well when you want to toss a couple of those in there. Grind finish is awesome and crazy smooth in the hand, and stability is WAY improved over the V1 (which was what I was looking for most). Even redirects, it just stays right on plane, one of those throws you can just wildly toss around and try new things without worry about it going off axis as much. This is even more the all-arounder that I thought the V1 was when I first started throwing it.

Throwing the light o-rings in the outermost groove and it becomes a powerhouse, with a feel like the best back in the day school-yard throw you’ve played with. And I can skin the gerbil on this, which is obviously critical, haha.

I’m honestly finding a really hard time trying to think of anything to improve with it at this point…

17 Likes

This all sounds like just what we were hoping for. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s all fine and dandy, but what about a kick flip? Will it be optimal for me to do kick flips when mine gets here?

2 Likes

100%, still stalls like a champion.
I just did 7 Kickflips in a row (and those aren’t nearly my strong suit, lol), dismounting into Lunar catches. No prob

Honestly the best Kickflip run I’ve probably ever had, haha!

8 Likes

Fabulous. Stunning even.

3 Likes

heavens to murgatroyd!

3 Likes

I made a pledge to 1 July and I will persevere. But you dudes are making it real hard.

3 Likes

Can you share the yoyos shortcomings?

Does it fit in skinny jeans?

2 Likes

Right now…no. I haven’t found them, haha. IF anything, string wraps will make it kick your knuckles if you’re not careful, but it is way more forgiving on that for certain than the V1, and I wouldn’t want to sacrifice anything else on this for the sake of a larger catch zone when I could just try thinner string. This might be the winner honestly.

And yes, skinny jeans approved, if I had any.

6 Likes

that’s very exciting to hear! it looks amazing! I’m definitely throwing my best jealousy vibes at yall :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’m loving the look that weight bump at the rim gave to the inner rim.

11 Likes

Oops!!! I almost forgot the wine!!!

5 Likes