Yoyo Boomers Club

Just One tee is sweeeeeet!

1 Like

How about some catalogs!

YoYo Universe was a online store that popped up seemingly out of nowhere in the late 90s, around 1998 they were run by the folks from the Makinaw Kite store (the kite store is still in business in 2024). They were trying to compete with YoYo Store, Yomania, Infinite Illusions, and later, Extreme Spin and Dave’s Skilltoys. They didn’t catch on like the others and they weren’t as popular but I do remember them having pretty aggressive pricing compared to some of the other stores. . It was pretty cool though, you could order online or through mail-in forms.

18 Likes

Those are so cool. I’ve never heard of The Cruiser before. Looks like a plastic fixie butterfly that can be taken apart. I want that.

3 Likes

Man those are cool. It’s also some awesome history. Back then store owners were just beginning to embrace the possibility offered by the internet… many quite reluctantly. And now the whole world is available so easily. Those catalogs are so cool!!! Thanks for sharing this. :smiley::+1:

6 Likes

Can I post these pics to The Yoyo Archive?

6 Likes

Definitely. I can take some proper photos with the dslr if you’d like.

2 Likes

Here’s another one from back in the day. The YoYoStore catalog.

11 Likes

I have a pristine copy of the Infinite Illusions catalog from '99. I’ll get page scans later, if it hasn’t been posted yet.

9 Likes

That’d be rad! Any hi-res stuff you can get me, shoot to theyoyoarchive@gmail.com

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I had that one too! Plus whole bunch of catalogs and flyers, paperwork from when I was on Yomega and some other papergoods, I think some y3a stuff might still be around here too. Unfortunately I had lot of books and stuff get water damaged in a move a few years ago. I’m going to have to dig around to see if I can find any of the rest of the stuff that survived haha!

4 Likes

Should we make a “I FAILED One July 2024” stickers.

13 Likes

Did someone already fail?

3 Likes

Not yet!!! I think it would be interesting to see how many would sell? I am of course not talking about myself here. This is for others that may not be strong enough to complete the challenge. But not me.

As of this post, there are 14 Participants in the ONE July thread.

There is also this CRAZY guy that is full Commit. He is going COLD TURKEY not throwing any Yoyos until his Chosen ONE comes in. If that isn’t dedication, I don’t know what is.

7 Likes

That’s nuts! That guy is absolutely insane! Idk who this person is, but they’d have to be an absolute nutjob to do that! If I were that guy I would absolutely be sweating daily, not touching a throw

6 Likes

Those journal entries are going to get crazier and crazier I imagine.

6 Likes

Day 1
Desk queen is already taunting me
I can’t even look around my office because my entire room is filled will throws.
Walls! Shelves! Drawers! All yoyos, all the time.
Everything is absolutely fine

5 Likes

Can we get a “I failed to start” sticker? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

This is pretty much how my notes are going so far.

3 Likes

I know. I have a camera streaming your month of Tell-Tale Heart. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

just put quotes around “One” July :rofl:

2 Likes