Yoyo Boomers Club

My string is still doing good. Even on the fixed blank.

We havent discussed the next step in the Workhorse yet.

2 Likes

Fear not guys. If the financial strain of FAF and MRM leave you in the poor house, as Head Cheerleader…I will put on a Pep Rally to collect donations. I will perform my most complicated routines in order to dazzle potential contributors for minutes!! I feel certain you’ll have nothing to worry about. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

5 Likes

Boomer meeting details for Wednesday -

Jacob Gross is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Jacob Gross’s Zoom Meeting
Time: Feb 28, 2024 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 850 3457 8958
Passcode: 249798

9 Likes

Well, I think I’m gonna go with the Butterfly XT for March. Nice and cheap. I’ve seen people mod them for silicon. Is it hard?

5 Likes

I don’t think it should be needed. The starburst works plenty fine, and if you want more response it’s easier to grease the bearing.

I think if you want silicone you’d have to remove the starburst and cut a channel for it.

3 Likes

Random question about mrm: what style of tricks is it? Is it still stalls or is it simple 1A tricks with a responsive yoyo?

1 Like

The simple answer is Yes.

3 Likes

The XT’s play great as they are out of the package, haven’t felt the need to mod mine, most I’ve done was cap/half swap and put some silicone grease in the bearing to give it a little more snap.

It easily passes the “shoot the moon” test.

6 Likes

I…being me…modded mine with a narrow C bearing and shims. Now I know this is hard to believe, but it’s true. Even more difficult to believe is that I run that bearing dry…:rofl:
It’s true though. Even this way…I am astounded at how capable the XT is. Perhaps you will soon see. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m not surprised by this at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks boomers! Got 1/2 of my week 2 prize today! Wayne hooked it up with the ability to do half slims and half full size or whatever combination I want! Plus a couple single stands!
Can’t wait to get those butterflies to fill this out!

13 Likes

MRM Wk1
MRM Wk4

Week 2 Format Check
I updated the previous Wk2 and shuffled it to Wk4 because of the prize schedule changes, so we should just have to pump out Wk3 and we should be set!

Week 2: More MRM and Movies you Say? “As You Wish!”

Hey Star-Studded Giants and Inconceivable Throwers! Are you ready to embark on a quest for true love and epic adventure in Week 2 of Modern Responsive March (MRM) with the YoYo Boomer Club? Get ready to swap your popcorn for yo-yo’s because we’re about to transport you to a land of magic, romance, and swashbuckling excitement!

From the Fire Swamps to the Cliffs of Insanity, and even the Rain City, young and old will love this event. From Pong players to Mobile Gamers, there’s something for everyone.

Can you hit all the tricks on our ladder and have a chance to win some awesome prizes?! Lights, camera, action! It’s “Inconceivable!” Cheer up Buttercup, it’s your chance to steal the show and leave the audience in awe as you shout at your bearing “Hello. My name is Butterfly XT. You killed my fixie, prepare to die!”

So join us on this quest for yo-yo glory, grab your gear, armor up (if you don’t have any, let’s MaKe1), and become the Metal Harbinger of excitement and entertainment this week. MRM is an epic adventure you’ll never forget.

“You mean you wish to buy merch from me? Very well, I accept.”

Thank you all for your help in keeping the fun going, and the throws spinning!

AnybodyWantABearing

6 Likes

Well Done Sir!!!

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

10 Likes

@Grendel 's true occupation.

3 Likes

So my Butterfly XT came in, and so far it plays nicely, but it feels like it’s missing…something. I don’t know if it needs more weight or feels cheap. It’s just…off. It’s satisfying to throw like a regular Butterfly.

At least now I can compete next month :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You are killin these brother!!!

4 Likes

I can’t believe you would dare even hint that our beloved $8 XT felt…CHEAP!!! Oh the humanity!!!:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes