Yoyo Bearing Lube

I’ve been hearing this a lot: “Use as little lube as possible” and I know it’s cuz overlubing bearings is a pain to deal with but I keep imagining this:

2 Likes

I … don’t get it?

3 Likes

What in the crikey-heck is that suppose to mean?

1 Like

Isn’t it obvious?

Ratatouille reference?

I still… don’t get it???

Yep, I’m also still firmly in the ‘I don’t get it’ camp.

1 Like

In a vain and probably futile attempt to make this topic useful… I have tubes of

• yoyofactory responsive oil (thick) looks like some used but LOTS in there
  • yoyofactory dark matter lube (thin) never opened

Who needs lube and wants them? I’ll mail them both to you for the cost of postage, let’s call it $3?

I… Don’t get it?

Jokes aside, yes. You really should put a little lube the size of a teeny tiny small drop at the end of a pin. I learned this the hard way.

You can spin out any excess with compressed air no problem. But you need to have access to compressed air, of course…

1 Like

If you put in WAY too much you probably should clean it with the paper clean method.

1 Like

I have only used my thin lube once and only because the bearing sound like it had a death rattle

People say to “use as little as possible” which is completely legitimate advice but w/o context it makes you sound like a Scrooge. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

probably

that was the joke anyway

couldn’t you also just throw it really hard for like 5 minutes?

In my experience you’d have to throw it for hours … many hours … to get excess lube out… 5 minutes definitely no. Easier to go the compressed air route :wink:

1 Like

alternatively you can use “as little as possible. then put less” :wink: